• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Quality 135 operators - no really - I'm serious

Capthuff

A Pirate past 40
Total Time
enough
I'm looking for any pilots on this board that fly and manage an airplane directly for the owner and operate part 135 as well. The owners of my airplane want us on a certificate. We are very unhappy with the current certificate holder.

Do any of you have recommendations on an operator that is easy to work with?

Do they take less of a percentage if you bring your own business?

Do you get fuel discounts?

Do you get favorable rates or recipricals with other A/C on their certificate?

Do you get mostly Retail or Wholesale trips?

We are based in the northeast but are certainly willing to put it on a certificate in another part of the country. There are certain marketing benefits in doing so.

Thanks

Wankel7

It's a slippery slope...
Total Time
Not sure if we can help or not...

Air Cargo Carriers we have about 25 Shorts on certificate and two Falcons.

www.aircar.com

About 95 percent of the time we gas it is under contract fuel.

Wankel

mach.81

Total Time
Try Millennium

Try Millennium Aviation out of RDG, I know they work with several owners under this same senario in Lears, Hawkers and Citations. They sever the north east and have a good rep.

PMVULB AvMgr

Executive Fliteways out of ISP is a highly reputable 135 operator at ISP. I have personal history with them for more than 3 years, and speak of first hand experience.

What kind of aircraft are you operating that you want to put on the 135 certificate? EFI operates 4 G-4's, 2 F50's, 3 HS125/800's, 3 HS125/700's, 2 Lear 60's, 2 Lear 31's and a Lear 35.

Kingairrick

Rare user
Total Time
~8000
Air Logic in LAL Florida. Yeah, I know, but they are not your typical Florida deal. Quality people... Worked there for 2 years. they might like an airplane in the NE...

http://www.airlogicsolutions.com/

rice

Clown Puncher
Total Time
8000+
You might want to check with TAG. From what I hear they are somewhat pricey but it seems they have a good track record with many different "charter ally's"(sp?). Just a thought, as I really don't know much about it but the people I've spoken with seemed pretty happy.

pc12_driver

Total Time
Hands down, the best out there is Gold Aviation. These guys have got it together. Their staff is the best in the biz from the DOM, DO,CP to the owner. Do me a favor, DON'T call them if you are a half as@#d operator looking to mooch off of a ticket. These guys are the best around!!!

www.goldaviation.com

Capthuff

A Pirate past 40
Total Time
enough
Thanks for the replies - PMs and on here. This change is not going to happen overnight and with alot of research I'm sure we will find the right fit for our needs.

Stealthh21

Total Time
Learjet Pilot said:
All of the above sound good JUST stay away from Chantilly Air. Horrible operation

I am very shocked to see this post. What makes them horrible???? Learjet pilot please PM me. Its obvious that you do not know alot about this company. Did you work there? Where you one of the TWO in the past 15 years to get fired? Everyone there is very happy, so. you tell me.

stealthh21

Wait I figured it out.

Last edited:

TXGold

Total Time
5.5mil
pc12_driver said:
Hands down, the best out there is Gold Aviation. These guys have got it together. Their staff is the best in the biz from the DOM, DO,CP to the owner. Do me a favor, DON'T call them if you are a half as@#d operator looking to mooch off of a ticket. These guys are the best around!!!

www.goldaviation.com

I was on Gold's phone list of managed LR35s with which we met there insurance and training policy. A full year after telling there first dispatcher that I don't have a Lear and that the plane is gone, I still received phone calls until I changed my number. Rediculous.

I would call Kip down at Personal Jet, they have the best deal around for Learjets. (954)771-6040saz.

EMB170Pilot

Banned
Total Time
rice said:
You might want to check with TAG. From what I hear they are somewhat pricey but it seems they have a good track record with many different "charter ally's"(sp?). Just a thought, as I really don't know much about it but the people I've spoken with seemed pretty happy.

Lieut. Dan! Is that you?

payton

Total Time
many
jetride

All the top management left a few months ago. Might be careful with that one.

psysicx

Total Time
-----
Oh someone said they replaced them and things are running good now.

Stealthh21

Total Time
psysicx said:
Oh someone said they replaced them and things are running good now.

I heard they left cause things are falling apart there. I dont know how well Jetride would do if they didn't have a certain charter broker based in Fairfax, Va. Who knows.

psysicx

Total Time
-----
What he said was they were the reason things were falling apart. Now that they replacd them its running smoothly. Does a charter broker provide 135 companies with clients?

pilotman121

Total Time
Quality 135 Operators!

There is a place in Lincoln Nebraska,that most intelligent people stay away from and it is not Duncan Aviation.This should be of some help!

Stealthh21

Total Time
psysicx said:
What he said was they were the reason things were falling apart. Now that they replacd them its running smoothly. Does a charter broker provide 135 companies with clients?

A charter broker provides 135 companies with passengers/ business, not clients. The broker is the client. Sometimes a broker claimes to have a huge fleet of airplanes, when in reality, it doesn't have any.

MNR

Total Time
Jetride is actually doing much better since the old management left. The new team was in place very quickly and got right to work fixing many of the problems that were not being delt with at all. As a result pilot morale is up, attrition is down and the overall mood has improved significantly.

Flying-wise were still very busy, I do not know what broker you are refering to but we work with alot more than just one.

If someone was considering looking into having an aircraft managed I think it would be worth talking to Jetride about it.