Quality 135 operators - no really - I'm serious

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MNR said:
Jetride is actually doing much better since the old management left. The new team was in place very quickly and got right to work fixing many of the problems that were not being delt with at all. As a result pilot morale is up, attrition is down and the overall mood has improved significantly.

Flying-wise were still very busy, I do not know what broker you are refering to but we work with alot more than just one.

If someone was considering looking into having an aircraft managed I think it would be worth talking to Jetride about it.

Thats good to hear!! I am sure that Jetride works with alot of brokers. Is the company still for sale?? Any buyers??? How many airplanes you all up to now??? Some of your 60s came from the sister company of the broker I was refering to.

Fly Safe!

Stealthh21

Tag is IMHO the best run and well organzied group out there. They are a bit pricey but you will get there very large volume discounts that they have ... IE training and insurance will almost pay for the fees in itself. They are very professional in everything that they do. When you sign up with TAG, you will have an ISBAO flight department.

9 LR60s 3 LR35s and 1 LR31 are currently operating. Most are owned by the company a few are managed.

Haven't heard anything else about the other stuff lately. Not sure I could even say if I did.

I think TAG, JETAviation and EJM all have a pretty good reputation. If you are operating a Learjet however and want it managed Airnet has been flying them for a long time they are over 30 35s on the Cargo side and MX has always imho been great. That and the fuel discounts that the cargo side uses all come with being managed by Jetride.

Sorry if I sound a bit like a commercial.

How much does Tag charge to manage an aircraft? And can you make that money back if you use it for charter?

From the numbers I have looked at in the past with various operators as soon as the owner of an aircraft starts flying any reasonable amount of time (enough to justify owning the airplane in the first place) the only thing chartering out the airplane does is offset the costs. So typically your looking for someone who can provide you with the most fuel discounts, smallest management fees etc.

Now saying that, there are a huge number of negotiable costs that are associated with any management agreement. So while what I say above might be true in some cases I am sure you could negotiate with someone too do better.

So to answer your question. You will offset management fees with charter revenue however usually it will not cover all the costs entirely. I have no idea what TAG charges.

Talon Air out of FRG is a growing and is a new 135 carrier out of the NE. They are based at KFRG on Long Island, we have 2 Hawker 800s, 3 beechjets, 1 king air,and 1 gulfstream 4. I know they are looking for partners.

TAG is not cheap. I do not know all of their numbers. A super-midsized will run over 100K a year. However, you will recieve the savings in insurance, reduced training costs and fuel savings. They have over 130 A/C undermanagement. I think the real advantage to TAG is they do not allow themselves to be bullied by owners. They know how it is supposed to be done.

(IE)f you do not want to have both pilots type rated and go to school 2 x's a year then TAG is not for you. If you do not want to have your own DM then TAG is not for you. These, for example are deal breakers.

psysicx said:
Can you make money flying charter or is the expense to great that it just offsets it.

Unlikely, but it can happen. I have one owner that consistently breaks even every year (including paying for his own flight time on the plane). It can work if you manage the aircraft right.

Latest resources

Back