• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QOL @ NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
= If the economy stumbles like it did in '01, it won't take just NJ, it'll cause a "correction" like in 121. Then, everybody will be scrambling back into 121 again. One thing about unions, they will force change, right down to strangling the golden goose of the fractional industry.

Wow...what an idiot.

The exact reason I will never again work for a unionized carrier.

www.unionfacts.com
If you don't want to work at a unionized carrier... just make sure your company pays the pilots a lot more than the other carriers.... FedEx plus 5%. Oh and no flying on weekends or Holidays.... or at night.

If you don't want to work at a unionized carrier... just make sure your company pays the pilots a lot more than the other carriers.... FedEx plus 5%. Oh and no flying on weekends or Holidays.... or at night.

I do make at least than 5% more than my counterparts at union carriers (including FedEx), and I don't work on weekends or holidays either. :D

That NEVER happened when I worked for a union carrier. I also never had taken a pay cut or had been laid off before either.

That NEVER happened when I worked for a union carrier. I also never had taken a pay cut or had been laid off before either.

Good for you. At my last non-union carrier, pay and benefits were cut after half the workforce was laid off. This was all prior to 9/11, too, a result of nothing but mismanagement of the company and the embezzling of ESOP funds by top management. They nearly destroyed the company, with a 100% union-free employee group that had a payscale that was basically unchanged in over a decade. (Thus, after inflation, pay was going down every year.)

When are you going to figure out that it's management who determines the success or failure of a company's business, not a union?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back