• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QOL @ NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please tell me that 1108 is NOT trying to be the ALPA of the fracs...please tell me they are not trying to do that!!!

I am pretty excited about putting ALPA in the rearview mirror.

JJ, 1108 is NOT trying to become another ALPA.

KODI3, All private jets have a head. Admittedly, some are more geared for, shall we say, 'emergency use' rather than something you'd care to use regularly.

All the planes at NJA/NJI have at least a refreshment center. Various snacks and beverages. Pretty much only the larger cabin planes, ie. the Gulfstreams, Falcons, and BBJ's have a true galley.

Average leg lengths depend on the plane. I'll bet the smallest in our fleet have average leg lengths of something like 1.5 hours. In the X, I'd say we average a little over 3 hours per leg. The big planes can rival the airliners in leg lengths.

Hope this helps.

realityman,

Thanks for the info. Do the 7 on 7 off start on a particular day or do they shift the schedule to have some folks start on M, some on T , some on W, ETC... for more flexibility w/scheduling? Any input on the International side of NJ? Looks like they seek folks w/more time IE 5K hrs min. Was wondering what QOL is for that side of the house.

KODI3,

Each fleet has its own start days. For example, in the X we currently have Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday starts. And alternating starts with the same days ie. If I start this Wednesday, there is also a line that has pilots starting their off time this wednesday and going back to work next Wednesday, which would then be the first day off for me. Clear as mud?

Having said that, under our new contract just passed, there will be a flush bid once a year where it's entirely possible and allowable for scheduling to create a whole new set of start days for each fleet. If the Wednesday starts aren't working out for the company, we may see that day go away at the next flush bid and maybe be replaced with a Tuesday start, or Thursday, or whatever day they think will be more efficient for them. And yes, we will all have to bid for what we want, and it'll be awarded based on seniority.

I'll let someone more in the know answer your question about the NJI side. But a search will probably yield answers to many of your questions about them. I will say this, as it stands, it's looking a lot like there won't be an NJI side in the near future. We are set up to integrate, and while anything can still happen, odds are on us becoming one operation.

Also, with our new contract, off-the-street hiring for NJI is pretty much over. All new F/O slots will be coming from NJA pilots, so pretty much the only way to get to fly the Gulfstreams now is to be hired with us at NJA.
Sorry to break the news to you.

Good luck if you're thinking of coming over!

So the advantage of planning things years in advance are out the window?

Well, no. If you're selectively looking at only schedule bidding, then it becomes a bit more problematic. But not much. Suppose the company doesn't like the Wednesday start? Okay, so now they offer a Tuesday start or a Thursday start. Either way, it only shifts one day or so. Even if it shifted by three days, that's not a huge big deal. And if you can hold the line you're on now, you'll probably be able to hold whatever the new line is, especially if it's only a small shift.

And there's still vacation. That has always been bid on a year-to-year basis, so it really doesn't change.

Anyway, it's only a prediction on my part, but I see scheduling doing some fine-tuning to the schedules in the future, but no major changes.

Start day question

I was wondering how this works on the 7/7. The start days are Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday for the Excel?

And I am guessing you bid on what start day you want and it is awarded by seniority?

Overall, what start days go junior? Is it the weekday starts or the weekend starts?

It sure would be rough to have a Friday start and never have a weekend off.

Thanks!

I was wondering how this works on the 7/7. The start days are Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday for the Excel?
Probably only that schedule through May 08. Saturday starts will go away at that time.

And I am guessing you bid on what start day you want and it is awarded by seniority?
Yes

Overall, what start days go junior? Is it the weekday starts or the weekend starts?
Everything will change with the first Open bid period. Friday and Saturday starts will probably go away. Friday is a big travel day and not a good day to swap crews out.

Thanks!
Only two fleets have Friday starts - like I said probably going away.

Thanks!

What am I missing here. If you have a friday start, you return home the following thursday. The next day, Friday, is the start your 7 day weekend (friday, sat, sun, mon, tues, wed, thurs). So, you still have everyother weekend off.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back