• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Qatar Airways Pilot Recruitment Nework!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
E-mail keeps coming back as invalid address. Checked it, double checked it, triple checked it. Tried it five or six times. Keeps coming back. So I sent it snail mail last week (USPS) and emailed a copy to a friend who is a captain there for him to walk in. We will see...

For now they are only taking Pilots as First Officer into either A320 or B777. For a change they are upgrading in house F/Os, its a slow process but something which this Airline needs to improve and cut back on DEC to attract more F/Os and improve career progression for everyone. We have 5 plus year F/Os still waiting for upgrade class. And 4 plus year F/Os have not even interview for upgrade yet. Almost all NON TYPE rated pilots get the A320. If you have the B737 NG time most likely to get B777 as F/O. We have hired F/Os in to B777 with only 2000 TT just because they had a type in B737 NG. I met a pilot the other day he came as DEC on the 777. He used to fly for ATA. I was told they will even hire guys from CRJ as DEC on the A320s starting next year. Qatar has confirm order of 24 A320 aircrafts, orders starting this november, delivery one per month. My suggestion is if you are desperate for a job then apply and take the F/O position its not bad. If you already have a job flying as F/O and have tons of PIC expirence prior then apply as DEC. Qatar has hired pilots in the past from CRJ captain to DEC in to A330. It all depends on their needs. For now the most stable fleet is A330 and A340, they are working on 777 and 320 fleet.

Typically how long does it take them to get back to you with a response? I sent mine about 2 weeks ago also and haven't heard anything back from them as yet. Also, this application, does it give you an invite up to the roadshow or do they invite you out to Doha to interview?

I don't mean to be rude but if your TT is 1300 then chances are very long time before you will even hear anything. They are fluded with applications specialy when Etihad, Emirates and Gulf are only taking type rated candidates. Excuse me Emirates has suspended hiring infact. I think if you have above 4000 TT and 2000 JET EFIS then you are in the market for interview. Again this is just my opinion. Good Luck.

I don't mean to be rude but if your TT is 1300 then chances are very long time before you will even hear anything. They are fluded with applications specialy when Etihad, Emirates and Gulf are only taking type rated candidates. Excuse me Emirates has suspended hiring infact. I think if you have above 4000 TT and 2000 JET EFIS then you are in the market for interview. Again this is just my opinion. Good Luck.

How about 3100 (or so) TT and over 2000 JET EFIS?

No, I haven't updated in ages. I'm around 4000TT, +2500 Turbine. But totally understand, there are many people with more time/experience out there who would have a look in before me.

Hey Bull,

Any website available showing what the Pilot housing looks like in Doha? Any weblink?

Thanks

Sorry I don't have any weblink. Company Pilot housing is very good, fully furnished brand new 3 bed room flats for F/O and detach villa for Captains. If you are single only 2 bed room flat is provided.

Is there an online app. or just the print-out version I have now?

Latest resources

Back