• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Q400's at SkyWest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
this is not suprising at all if true. Great news for the ASA team as we continue to lose flying and furlough. We lose planes in a 2 for 1 swap deal and i wouldnt be shocked at all if skywest got 30 Q400's. Especially makes sense.. rather than expand the ATR flying and get some 500's, we just get rid of them.

And we hear about new flying, etc.... newsflash.... nobody wants 50 seat lift right now.....We cant get any more 70's & 90's, and i just dont understand why we dont trade bombardier 50's for Q400 to at least make us more attractive for potential new business.

I have herd this for the last 8 years. Don't believe it till you see the paint on the side of the wall "airframe".

Yes, it's true. We're getting Q400s. It's a done deal. Other done deals - we are flying for Southwest, we're buying Expressjet, getting Airbuses, flying for Northwest, US Air, NASA, buying Virgin America..... A couple of rumors may have had something to them but nothing materialized, so believe it when it's on the ramp, or you're training for it or it's on your pay check.

You forgot the CRJ1000 Rumor as a stand alone company!!

you'd also be waiting 2-3 years for the first airframe to roll off the floor. By then, Big Tit Tilton will have run United aground for good, and Republic will take over the world. I also predict MJ will be recycled into plastic bags and still be a hazard to children around the world for years to come..........

I hear we're getting them along with the EFB's and auto-throttles. Not to say it won't happen, but it's not done until they're on the property.

The bad news is we still have no one to negotiate pay rates for a 70 seat turbo prop.
Sapa can't negotiate their way out of a paper bag.

Did Sapa honestly submit pay rates equal to Island Air's? Even 16yr old kids know you start high and end up in the middle area. You don't start negotiating at the middle rate and hope to go up. Why is this happening again after we already took the Ace in the back door? Learn your lesson.

That's why SKW is buying QX. Turnkey Q400 operation.

Latest resources

Back