• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Q400 - Woe Betides Thee. This time it's the Nose Gear

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AltaVista is good to translate, but a bit wacky too!! Here u Go!
Airport - the nose gear could not be driven out. Nevertheless pilot Augsburg Airways brought 68 passengers intact downward. With the belly slip this machine over the south course. Photo: Albrecht The fright 68 passengers and four crew members got off on board a Dash 8 Augsburg Airways (AA). The machine had to make an emergency landing at 19.52 o'clock at the Munich airport without nose gear. It slipped on the belly over the runway. According to AA speaker Nico long one gave it no hurt ones, at the airplane with the first examination, light digging traces had to be recognized by the front trunk ". The machine was started according to long at 19.08 o'clock of the Erdinger Moos toward Florenz. When the pilot noticed with the landing procedure that the chassis could not be driven out, it decided to the return. On the one hand, because the resident of Munich airport has a longer runway. On the other hand, such a Insider, because in the Moos also the appropriate maintenance possibilities are given. , the forced landing ran according to plan ", said long ones. Damages were not missing however evenly, if one lands on the trunk. The passengers stepped out intact and of Lufthansa as well as AA personnel in resound to F cared for. Their flights were transferred. The south course was still hours after the landing closed, which entire air traffic had over the north course is completed. FMG speaker Edgar Engert spoke of slight delays in the air traffic. Experts from the Federal Office of Aviation were just as locally as the airport and neighbour fire-brigades.

Bombardier might want have a few of their engineer tyoe folks look into this. It seems to me this might be a recurring problem.

One possible solution would be to add the "Normal Landing- Nose Gear not extended" to the QRH.

Maybe The Russian will tell us what this crew did wrong.:rolleyes:

Lets see....... Let me guess! The crew should have shut down both engines right before touchdown! Thus saving any loss of life or injury!!

Sup Quimby! I am suck in the Hotel in LYH updating my logbook! Jezzzzzzus christ I was behind on it!!

maybe that's the way they teach it over at gulfstream.
Remember, the customer is always right, you pays for yours flyin' yous is always right!
PBR

Maybe The Russian will tell us what this crew did wrong.:rolleyes:

They should have done a low approach just above the runway and let someone in a convertible to pull down the gear with their hands. I know this is the safest thing because I saw it once in a C182. The Captain risked the lives of everyone on board by not summonsing a convertible. It's not in the QRH, but it's technique.:rolleyes:

I think that had our Lenin loving friend been at the controls she would have performed some 6g loops to pop the gear down. Had that failed then I'm sure her Lomcavak would have done the trick.

Latest resources

Back