• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Q for Delta guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An example of a grumpy disgruntled RJ Capt right there. Being at mainline offers variety in flying, better pay and benefits, and retirement. It's been a rough decade due to 9-11, BKs, and then age 65, but a flood of retirements and new contracts will make this a more satisfying job than the last ten years.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Nope, I'm happy. He's trolling you Jenny, if you are a senior FO/junior CPT at Pinnacle and don't know what to do your just wasting time. Move along.

a lot of us at Pinnacle/Mesaba have been wanting to work for delta/formerly nwa for years. Given the current state we are in with a ton of 50 seaters that are owned by Delta and in chapter 11, what is your best advice for a junior captain or senior fo at pinnacle. Do we wait it out and hope that pinnacle survives and then delta hires? Do we go to a carrier like Spirit or Virgin and then apply to Delta from there?
There are some at pinnacle that believe we will be purchased by Delta in this chapter 11 and that some sort of employment agreement for the future would be worked out to meet delta's staffing needs for the future. I am not one of those people.
Its obvious by my name where i live and I am not one of the 108 from mesaba that get to flow. I dont want to commute so my options are spirit and delta.
What would you do and any advice would be helpful

Man I have a cute feeling this might be super duper capt AR......long live the red tail!

I don't think majors will buy regionals again. They'll destroy them economically and take their work force until they can no longer exist. Then they'll buy their planes cheap, since the regionals won't have the pilots or resources to support them anyway, and finally all flying will be done by the ml as it always should have been.

That way they won't have to deal with issues like sli, redundant infrastructure and mgmt, etc.

Last edited:
a lot of us at Pinnacle/Mesaba have been wanting to work for delta/formerly nwa for years. Given the current state we are in with a ton of 50 seaters that are owned by Delta and in chapter 11, what is your best advice for a junior captain or senior fo at pinnacle. Do we wait it out and hope that pinnacle survives and then delta hires? Do we go to a carrier like Spirit or Virgin and then apply to Delta from there?
There are some at pinnacle that believe we will be purchased by Delta in this chapter 11 and that some sort of employment agreement for the future would be worked out to meet delta's staffing needs for the future. I am not one of those people.
Its obvious by my name where i live and I am not one of the 108 from mesaba that get to flow. I dont want to commute so my options are spirit and delta.
What would you do and any advice would be helpful[/QUOTE

Spirit or Virgin would be good but I would try Atlas or some othe ACMI company
as you would look more well rounded. It's all about making your resume look better or a bit different. Just like in any other job.As for Delta buying a regional forget it as long as RA is in charge. He is all about the core business and running a regional when he can contract to the lowest bidder makes it very unlikely.

I'd get out of a regional ASAP, but no matter what you do in this industry it seems like a gamble. It's mostly luck of the draw.

Spirit or Virgin would be good but I would try Atlas or some othe ACMI company
as you would look more well rounded. It's all about making your resume look better or a bit different. Just like in any other job.

This is a valid point. There is little difference between flying an RJ and a 319 around the lower 48.

Flying a 30-year-old antique weighed down by multiple MEL stickers to some unnamed airport in Whatzistan for some non-sched with little or no dispatch support -- that sets you apart.

Done both and am now at D.

This being said, it is certainly not a requirement. But if you feel you must move on from a regional and desire to work for a legacy, a non-sched would be a smarter move.

Just pray you don't hang your hat at one.

Last edited:
What percentage of the regional jets flown by Delta feeders are owned/leased etc by Delta??

Latest resources

Back