• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Put Down The Laptops and Fly the Plane NWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just deactivate the auto pilot and make everyone hand fly the damn thing.... That'll show em all!!!!!!!

I'm sure there is a guy or two here that has had a laptop open in the cockpit...legitimately or not.

Do you really think you could miss an irate controller calling your name repeatedly?

Not a plausible explanation in my experience.

I bet they were distracted by each other. Using your laptop sounds better than your doing your co-pilot.
For some reason I believe you may be on to something that no one wants to even acknowledge! Since this thing went down, we've heard several stories and each time it keeps changing with these two. Sounds like the cheating spouse that keeps lying to cover a lie. This story still doesn't add up! How the HELL do you miss radio calls, ACARS messages dinging at you, and all those other things after so long if you were not sleep? This story still doesn't add up. Now they say they were on their laptops? Hmmm.....convienent but still doesn't make sense! I BELIEVE THESE TWO PILOTS WERE ENGAGED IN SOME TYPE OF SEXUAL ACTIVITY!
Boys come clean and stop lying!!! This profession just keeps taking the hits!

I was hoping that it was true regarding the "heated argument". I figure that between Colgan and another debate in the cockpit about the crappy state of our industry, it might shed more light on our plight to increase pay and attain better work rules.

I've got some real questions about a Captain that allows the use of a laptop (especially two) in the flight deck........

Now, if this had been a Southwest crew -- We all here at the "Forum" would have chimed a prediction around, "...heard there was a flight attendant or two in the cockpit, lap dances etc..." and it would be, hmm - plausible, and perhaps believable.

Got to admit, they have a corporate culture you can embrace.
Oh, for the good ole days and young flight attendants.

Chances happening at NW: nil.

You aren't trying to imply we still have young - and female - FA's at Southwest are you? :rolleyes:

Heck, don't let your memories get short...we had a guy have his gun go off in the cockpit, and he just got his job back.

Think this is any worse?

At least your guy had something to back him up as to why it happened.[/QUOTE]

Well, i can even remember the charter airline (i think it was a B737) that had an actual 'wet T-shirt contest' on the airplane, inflight, during spring break time; and they managed not to 'overshoot' the airport.

Heck, they even let the girls change clothes in the cockpit (that's what got the Capt. fired), and still didn't overshoot.

But, that would have been a better 'distraction'

PD

maybe someone with a better memory can chime in with the airline name, can't think if it right now. Getting old, duh.

Guys calm down! My god they have barley begun the investigation on this thing and your already saying were going to have cameras and cavity checks?! First and foremost I don't buy the we were both on our lap tops thing. Something weird was going on there, look at home many times they have changed their stories! They are lying about something thats for sure but let the system work and discover what it was.

Second, If they were truly distracted by reading, using their computers, whatever then THEY not us are going to pay the price for that. I don't think there is a single FOM out there that dosen't say something to the effect of "reading of books, newspapers, listening to music or use of personal computers is prohibited" IF this is what really happened then this crew and this crew only violated the regs and they will be punished accordingly. I seriously doubt there are going to be cameras in the cockpit because of this. Stop blowing this out of proportion. Let the system work and lets see what happens.

I honestly still think they were sleeping. To go an hour and 18 min without contact? Who can do that and not start to wonder what is going on? Even if they weren't sleeping, had they just said from the beginning, we had inadvertantly fallen asleep due to lack of rest and being fatigued but feared for getting in trouble for calling in fatigued this would be pointed in a different direction entirely.

"These guys have had 80% of their procedures and policy in their airline get changed over the past few months, plus the way they bid changed very significantly this month."

Read between the lines...The excuses are coming out...The new procedures shouldn't even be a factor unless you are trying to make excuses......
:crying::crying::crying:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Maybe they can now go to work for ASA joe?
After all, your past flying record is the reason you're stuck there!:laugh:
Of course to follow in your footsteps, they'll have to PFT!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back