Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BORAT

Registered Abuser
Anybody have any experience with the Purdy Neat Stealth bag with the computer pocket? Is it worth it? I hate having a gyspy wagon behind me with multiple bags hanging on my roller so I'd like to think it'd be worth it. Also will the regular 22''x14'' bag really have issues in the 737?

Replacing the Costco bag once and for all. And yes, I did a search...

I have it, and my computer is fine in the pocket, even with my flight bag bouncing on it hanging from the hook.

The padding is kind of light, but in 2 years it hasn't broken my laptop. Not sure if its well designed or my laptop is just that awesome.

A seperate laptop bag was nice to having files and paperwork, but only having a flight case and the PNS bag to drag around is great. I'm glad I got it.

I have it, and my computer is fine in the pocket, even with my flight bag bouncing on it hanging from the hook.

The padding is kind of light, but in 2 years it hasn't broken my laptop. Not sure if its well designed or my laptop is just that awesome.

A seperate laptop bag was nice to having files and paperwork, but only having a flight case and the PNS bag to drag around is great. I'm glad I got it.

Can't comment on the computer laptop gee whiz option, but the purdy neat bag is the bomb and worth every penny!

To piggy back the thread, would somebody provide the contact information for refurbishing the purdy neat bag? Any insight into the process would be great too (ie. Cost, time to get it back to you, shipping). Thanks in advance.

I bought and returned the stealth computer bag. I just couldn't imagine the forty pound flight kit lying on top of the computer was a good idea.
Also, the 737 will rip the pocket off the side of the standard stealth bag...that's why they make the 1" narrower 73-version. Just speaking from experience.

To piggy back the thread, would somebody provide the contact information for refurbishing the purdy neat bag? Any insight into the process would be great too (ie. Cost, time to get it back to you, shipping). Thanks in advance.

Purdy Neat-800-722-1793

I am currently getting my bag refurbd right now...$165 for a complete makeover on my bag.

Wheels, handle mechanism, all zippers, pockets, kick plate, frame. Bag is 8yrs old and first refurb...

I sent it out through the Stop Over store in IAH $12.95 to send it out UPS ground, was there in 2 days. The only minor prob I had happend at this point. Purdy Neat claimed to have called me when they got the bag..I never got a call from them..I found this out about a week after I shipped the bag when I had not gotten a call and thought I should have by then.

They said they would have the bag for approx 1-2wks and that I would be charged after it was on it's way back to IAH

we'll see how it turns out, but I've never heard anything bad from anyone who has had it done before.

Fly the 737 and have the Stealth bag with computer pocket. No problems for the last 4 years from the size of the bag. However, I did replace the aluminum handle with the steel handle (against recommendation of PNT). Much better combo in my opinion. Great bag.

FWIW, the standard bag fits just fine under NG jumpseats. It's only the Classics that will tear your bag up. Of course, you can't just jam it in there and rip it out anyhow.

And for a small fee, LuggageWorks will add the computer pocket to any bag. At least that's what I was told by their CS dept.

FWIW, the standard bag fits just fine under NG jumpseats. It's only the Classics that will tear your bag up. Of course, you can't just jam it in there and rip it out anyhow.

No, you cant do that.

Last edited:

No, you cant do that.

Been doing it with no bag damage for the past 5 years. You must be holding your tongue wrong. :p

Latest resources

Back