Purdy Neat Stuff Roller Bags ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Stickshaker

I'm looking at buying one of there bags.
Has anyone bought one lately? Should I go with the metal or plastic frame, and the big one (26") or the smaller one (22")?
Also, who has the best price, I was told the outer marker in STL has a good deal.
Thanks

For the price I'd go with the Costco 26" if you are looking for a fract bag. I have the PNS 22" metal but it's only good for a four day trip max.

My .02c...

Baja.

I have the PNS PVC bag (plastic frame). The 24" is good for a 4 day, maybe 5, but that's a stretch.

I like the bag though. I've had no issues with durability, it fits in the overhead (even the CRJ), and is much lighter than the metal frame one.

I have the 26" and would recommend it for extended (5+)-day trips. Especially if you have to pack for different climates on the same trip. There's no way the smaller bag would be adequate. And even the taller bag fits in the overhead on CRJ and larger aircraft (won't fit in the CRJ overhead if over-stuffed, though). I start with NetJets on Monday and I'm wondering if even the 26" PNS will be adequate, because it is so shallow. Packing both summer and winter clothes for 7-day trips will be a challenge, I think. I will say that those PNS bags are very sturdy and they are great about repairing/refurbishing them.

i've had the pns 26" metal frame for about 4yrs now - only complaint is that it's heavy. some minor dents in the frame but other than that looks near new. it's amazing what you can stuff into this thing!

Costco Bag

I too would HIGHLY reccommend the Costco travel bag. I have owned 2 of the Purdy Neat Stuff bags, and have switched to the costco bag. It is less than 100 dollars, lighter and if it breaks, costco will take it back for a refund or exchange! No time waiting to send the bag in if a zipper blows out...which happened on both my PNS bags. I couldn't be happier with the Costco bag!!!

"I have owned 2 of the Purdy Neat Stuff bags, "
Beech,
Why two, I thought Purdy neat stuff would re do your bag like new if you had any problems.

Also, where did you guy's buy yours? and what kind of warranty.

Ashaman,
I start upgrade on Saturday with NJA and packing is not as hard as you think. It took me 4 years to stop over packing for each trip. Just pack for the cooler weather and throw in one pair of shorts for FL. Most of the time I bring home cloths I didn't even put on.

Thanks for all the input guy's

I had an international size and a standard 22 inch size. The cost of shipping and time constraints to send them in to replace zippers and wheels and such was higher and more time consuming than buying a new bag from Costco. I had the PNS bags for 4 years and 6 years. I liked those bags all the years I used them, but I have to say I really prefer the Costco bag.

The real benifit I see to the Costco bag is it is so much lighter and it also has an expansion zipper for those free t shirts we get at the fbo's. :) It is nice to be able to make it bigger if needed.

PNT bag

Know nothing about the Cosco bag, but I have pulled a PNT bag for 5 years. They are a bit weighty, but I do love the way they feel self propelled when pulling it on Terrazo floors of the airport. Though not indestructable, they are quite stout. I watched my bag fall from the top of a bag loader several times without anything but cosmetic damage. After 5 or 10 times of wonderful treatment by airline bag handlers, my bag did suffer a cracked base plate and would no longer stand on it's own. $75 to repair/replace the plate, but at the same time they reworked a few zippers and replaced some pull tabs that had been lost. I have recently upgraded from the 22" to the 26" and have not regretted it. The 26" allows me to pack easily for a 7 day trip. Indeed the bag will fit in the overhead of a CRJ as well as any mainline overhead, though not like the crew would like you to stow it (wheels out). I have yet to be made to check it on mainline flights, though that day will come...as far as price and who has the best? No idea...

Latest resources

Back