Purdy Neat Stuff Roller Bags ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
charley varrick said:
Can you really pack your summer list in a 22"? If so, you are a packing demi-god. But I would have to see it to believe it.

Packing the summer clothes in a 22" is a tight fit, and the bag is bulging pretty good....but it can be done. As I said, roll everything. Those compression bags that you squeeze the air out of via one way check valves help too.

It comes from years of flying fractional....

...or

being in the military =). I was amazed at how much I can fit into a ruck sack!

I have the Costco 22" ....The bag it self is great (very light, expandable, multiple crevices for whatever u wanna store), however the wheels cannot withstand the heavy flight bag (60lbs...just my company). The wheels get stuck and the bearings give. I'm getting the PNT 22" Plastic frame!

tomlit said:

Nice to see you here. You're a brave man claiming to be a friend of the C/S Monkey, though.TC

P.S.--I've got a big Swiss Army bag for the really long trips. It's not big and square so I sneak it past the luggage nazis and it fits in the overhead. But it won't hold up much longer. Looks like a PNS 26'er is in my future.

Also, having a "CREW" tag on your bag, while dorky, gets you past the luggage nazis most times.

26incher for me.

I'm not packing for combat, i'm packing for comfort.

22" PNT for me

I'm with FracCapt and UkiPilot. I've had a PNT (Luggageworks) 22" metal frame for a couple of years now. I pack for an 8 day tour without any problem, but FracCapt is right - ya gotta roll stuff. I never had much luck with the "Space Bags" personally - I use the Eagle Creek packs for my uniform shirts - but whatever floats your boat.

Great bag; takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. Only complaint I have is about the foam handle: it doesn't hold up well to heavy use. I resorted to wrapping mine with duct tape. Other than that, no troubles.

I have the luggage works 22" executive. It replaces some of the heavier metal parts with PVC, making it a little lighter with the same size. I have been carrying it for 4+ years and it is holding up great. You just have to find something that works for you. It's an ever evolving process!

Alae said:
Great bag; takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. Only complaint I have is about the foam handle: it doesn't hold up well to heavy use. I resorted to wrapping mine with duct tape. Other than that, no troubles.

Like my dad used to say.....if you can't fix it with duct tape, f#ck it - it's broke!! :D

It's what hold the world together!

Quack!

Latest resources

Back