Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jonjuan

Honey Ryder
EMBRAER SELLS A PHENOM 100 JET TO PURDUE UNIVERSITY, IN THE U. S.
World’s first collegiate turbofan pilot training program obtains Embraer’s new best-in-class jet

São José dos Campos, December 15, 2009 – Embraer is pleased to announce that Purdue
University, in West Lafayette, Indiana, U.S., has purchased one Phenom 100 as part of the
Department of Aviation Technology’s fleet replacement program. The jet was chosen after an
extensive evaluation and selection process.

“The acquisition of the Phenom 100 by Purdue University is a testament to the
aircraft’s outstanding ease of operation, performance, reliability, and value,” says
Ernest Edwards, Embraer Vice President, Marketing and Sales USA, Canada, Mexico,
and the Caribbean – Executive Jets.

The Department of Aviation Technology’s
current fleet is over 10 years old and is
expected to be replaced by mid-2010.
Purdue’s partnership with Embraer, through
the acquisition of the Phenom 100 entry level
jet, will allow the university’s students the
distinction of graduating with an FAA jet
type rating that no other program provides.

“This new opportunity will permit Purdue to maintain its position at the highest level of
prominence in the global aviation education community,” says Dr. Brent D. Bowen, Professor
and Head of the Department of Aviation Technology at Purdue University. “Purdue’s already
competitive admissions standards will be enhanced by the inclusion of the Phenom 100 in the
aviation technology department.”
The fleet of aircraft selected will share a common leading-edge avionics system, so that
students will be able to progress more naturally from training planes to jets. The avionics
system of the Phenom 100 provides highly intuitive operation, because it was designed by
pilots for pilots. The high level of integration between the avionics and all other aircraft
systems guarantees that precise and updated information is always available.

The single-pilot certification of the Phenom 100 will also allow Purdue’s entry level jet to be
used for business travel, with students copiloting those flights under the guidance of a pilot-
in-command instructor, thus enhancing their educational experience.

will allow the university’s students the
distinction of graduating with an FAA jet
type rating that no other program provides.

Yeah, as no other program provides a type rating for aircraft less than 12.5K. lololol.....

Aren't spare CRJs or ERJs in the desert cheaper than a brand new Phenom these days??

The Phenom 100, being less than 12,500, can have be flown single pilot, low time all day long. Your comment is akin to saying "Can't rj pilots fly 757s for the same rate?"

This is basically PFT. My school does the same program and they call it the charter course. You pay outrageous amounts of money to fly school officials around that need to do university business on your dime, all so that they can say they have charter experience. Gimme a break!

I think we should be advising youngin's to get a degree in a field they can get a job in i.e. (engineering, business, computer science) so they will have something to reach up to, trust me no one could give a crap about how many hours you have or an aviation tech degree outside of aviation. Have a back up plan for when you see aviation isn't all it is cracked up to be...2cents

The students at Purdue also fly the 2 King Airs with instructors carrying staff to meetings. The students dont pay anything extra to take this course, unlike a lot of schools that do charge.

The Phenom 100, being less than 12,500, can have be flown single pilot, low time all day long. Your comment is akin to saying "Can't rj pilots fly 757s for the same rate?"

I think you misunderstood my point of them being able to get an actual used CRJ2 or ERJ for cheaper since no one wants them, rather than brand new Phenom.

This is basically PFT. My school does the same program and they call it the charter course. You pay outrageous amounts of money to fly school officials around that need to do university business on your dime, all so that they can say they have charter experience. Gimme a break!

Shows what you know of the charter course.

Latest resources

Back