• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Punk rock pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
like what bands do you listen to? and gee, i just realize that this post should had been on the non aviation related chat, sorry about that

Fernando said:
Hi, anyone here is or was into punk rock? 80s? early 90s until today?

Yep, early '90s for me. First show I saw was the Cramps in Denver, around '90. I was around 13 y/o and hooked on punk ever since. About 5 yrs ago we damn near started a riot in Boulder at the Homegrown show (the Emo/hippie kids at that show did not understand the pit at all). Last great show I went to was Agent Orange at the Fifteenth Street Tavern in Denver a couple of years ago. Great venue.

It's kinda funny to see the state of punk rock today, being so commercialized and all. You can now go down to Target or Hot Topic and buy all your fashion punk accessories!:rolleyes: It's ok though, those kids just buy the clothes, listen to corporate punk, and don't even remotely get it.

Punk was always very personal to me and more of a reflection on people and society. Always changing and morphing into new ideas and arguments. It also helped me deal with some very bad times and has stuck with me even now, as I sit in front of a computer in a white collar office.

My favs...

Cop Shoot Cop and Mars...noisy, dark, disturbing....excellent sound!!!

Runner up:

F.Y.P

Of course there's always the Pistols and the Furs.

yeah same for me, i still into it and probably will be for life, at least listen to the musci maybe not involved in the so called scene, i saw AGNOSTIC FRONT and drank several beers with Vinnie Stigma, their guitar player, cool to see theres some people who like palnes and punk as well, its not easy to see that...and i like Homegrown, pretty melodic stuff, one good thing about the state of punk today is all the cute girls that attracted to it, it used to be just guys and weird looking girls at shows, but not anymore, now theyre all hot in their little spiked belts and tight tshirts...yummy yummy punk rock girls, like The Queers said

Back in high school, just after dinosaurs were snuffed, I was the only kid in Nowhere, NC with albums (these were large round vinyl discs that played on a thing called a 'turntable') by the Ramones and the Sex Pistols. Later on, in the Army, I was heavily into 'X', Suicidal Tendencies, Black Flag, and the Dead Milkmen. Even though I was playing "Sweet Home Alabama" in skanky biker bars for beer money (I actually was a skanky biker, too).

To this day, at 41, I'll still take Johnny Ramone over "Terrible" Ted Nugent any day!

minhberg the noodle-brain

wrxpilot said:
Punk was always very personal to me and more of a reflection on people and society. Always changing and morphing into new ideas and arguments. It also helped me deal with some very bad times and has stuck with me even now, as I sit in front of a computer in a white collar office.

LOL. That's exactly how I feel. Still pull out the old vinyl now and again (doesn't sound as good though). Ramones, Bad Religion, Dead Milkmen, The Misfits, The Stooges.... now I have to go find those albums. Don't forget Blink 182 (THEY KICK A**) HA!!!

Latest resources

Back