• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
nothing to see here, carry on

Last edited:
Thinking you might not want to be a pilot now if the public's perception has changed and you won't be viewed with prestige and intrigue down while shopping at the Mega Lo Mart in your uniform?

Or you're afraid that when you tell people you fly, they won't get all glassy-eyed with awe at this winged master of the skies?

People always ask me if I want to go out for a drink...and, of course, I go.

Yank McCobb said:
Thinking you might not want to be a pilot now if the public's perception has changed and you won't be viewed with prestige and intrigue down while shopping at the Mega Lo Mart in your uniform?

Or you're afraid that when you tell people you fly, they won't get all glassy-eyed with awe at this winged master of the skies?
haha, yank, thank you for your post. i should have put a disclaimer in there about Debby Downers like you, but whatever. no, i am not afraid of not being viewed with prestige. nothing will sway my decision to become a pilot. it's just that i am not one and i was thinking of stereotypical movies the other day like "catch me if you can" and the like where the pilots are portrayed in an almost god-like manner.

your biting sarcasm is a testament to your unhappiness as a person, apparently. while i do not know why you became a pilot, i do know why i want to be one, and it has nothing to do with prestige. it's more like following (and soon living) a dream.

The first question i get asked is whether or not I wear a parachute.... Following that i get asked what would happen if the wing fell off.. I usually say that the gas tanks are in the wings so if they fall off then i have no gas for the engine, therefore the engine would die and i would crash......

cforst513 said:
your biting sarcasm is a testament to your unhappiness as a person, apparently. while i do not know why you became a pilot, i do know why i want to be one, and it has nothing to do with prestige. it's more like following (and soon living) a dream.

That statement is hilarious. For so many reasons I can't even begin to explain it here. But, I DID swipe it to use as my signature on another forum. Everyone is getting a huge kick out of it. Thanks.:p

(I'm also working on a way to incorporate it into my act. I'll have to change it a little bit, you know...rights, royalties, all that legal stuff. But we'll all still know it's you.);)

Last edited:
Not all the prestige is gone, but most of it is. "Catch Me if You Can" is definitely not an accurate representation of being a pilot today. Can't say as how I've ever had a kid ask for my autograph. :) And where are all those young Pan Am stews? I was born in the wrong decade.

Yank McCobb said:
That statement is hilarious. For so many reasons I can't even begin to explain it here. But, I DID swipe it to use as my signature on another forum. Everyone is getting a huge kick out of it. Thanks.:p

(I'm also working on a way to incorporate it into my act. I'll have to change it a little bit, you know...rights, royalties, all that legal stuff. But we'll all still know it's you.);)
i'm glad that i amuse you, little man. but you're not worth the fight. so if others are enjoying themselves at my expense, then good for them. i'm glad they're getting a kick out of it too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back