PSA vs. TSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
psa vs. tsa
hmm thats like do you want to sleep with the fat ugly girl or just the ugly girl.
i'm not sure which one is which.

Pretty much what he said. If you come to PSA you will be on reserve for a while, at least if you're based in Charlotte. Right now there are people who have been here for 16 months and they're still on reserve. While on reserve crew scheduling will try to violate the contract and there are people in the scheduling department who think it's personal and they will not treat you with respect. The pilot group for the most part is a good bunch of guys and gals and MX is good. Upgrade at this time is pretty much non-existent.

As much as people bash them, I would look at CHQ or SKYW. It seems like they treat their employees better and they're both aggressively seeking flying which means growth. If you blew a bunch of cash and went to one of those pilot mills and you have to choose between PSA or TSA I would consider instructing or something like that until you meet the mins for a company with some growth potential.

Don't know much about TSA but know a few people at PSA who basically will chase you off the the property in a friendly way to stop you from going there. Upgrade time beyond unpredictable due to the Jet4Jobs crap, reserve 1.5 years, pay crummy at the 50 seat level, 10 days off contract, brutal training program taught by cheap 400 hr cfi's and no true systems ground school taught by most airlines (flight safety type- computer based training therefore you are on your own), never met one pilot that didn't hate management there, you weigh all of that and it doesn't sound too good. granted every regional is a drawback these days, some are less worse than others best said. i would keep looking. SKW, CHQ, AWAC seem like better places.

no true systems ground school taught by most airlines (flight safety type- computer based training therefore you are on your own)

I don't have any idea about PSA's training, but most airlines flying modern aircraft teach systems via CBT (with instructors available for assistance if needed). It is a very good tool for self-paced, repetitive learning.

PSA uses CBT's.

It would be a much better place if we had new leadership and scheduling/dispatch/payroll/benefits went to Tempe.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back