PSA vs. TSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buxflyr

Which is the better airline? Other than TSA flying for more companies, they seem relatively similar. Does anyone think that TSA flying will go away completely to gojets in the near future or can they hold their ground? Also seems to be a rumor about PSA and CRJ900's on here. True?

900's were offered to the PSA pilots under concessionary terms and the PSA pilots turned it down. The deal has been silent lately but as far as I have heard it is still on the table. Right now the upgrade time at PSA is running around 5 years, largely in part to PDT and ALG guys who went to midatlantic got furloughed and are now sneaking in on the jet 4 jobs program, a lot of politics here at PSA pi$$ing people off. Upper Mgt at PSA is also viewed to be employee unfriendly. This is how PSA is viewed from with in. PSA has a lot of potential but management has a lot bridge building to do. As far as I can say for TSA is, they are a contract carrier flying for anyone they can, mgt at TSA tries to undercut everyone else to get their business, PSA is a wholly owned carrier of US Airways so we only fly US Air. As far as money, you will make a more at PSA both as FO and especially as a captain. I don't know if that helps at all, but keep this in mind as well, most if not all airline mgt is employee unfriendly and very few pilots in this industry are compensated and treated their true worth, just try not to feed the frenzy at the bottom like some carriers we know, and don't be one of those guys destroying families lives because you will fly a jet for next to nothing, and when asked state "who cares how much I make, look at what I'm flying" famous quote of a mesa CRJ900 pilot. PSA is not a bad place to work if you can get past mgt BS. Hopefully we can come to an agreement on 900's and upgrade can pick back up again, mainline is recalling and a lot of people will probably leave next year for mainline as well.

Which is the better airline? Other than TSA flying for more companies, they seem relatively similar. Does anyone think that TSA flying will go away completely to gojets in the near future or can they hold their ground? Also seems to be a rumor about PSA and CRJ900's on here. True?

If you took any time reading on this forum you would know that TSA is a complete pile of sh*t. And they will continue to get sh*t on by Hulas and Gayjet pilots. I learned the hard way.

This will make it simple!

ALL REGIONAL AIRLINES SUCK!!!

One that is on Top today, can be a bottom feeder tomorrow!
One that is on the Bottom today, can be the shiznit Tomorrow!

Yea GayJets sucks, Mesa Sucks, a bunch of others do also, but so what!
Look for someone that has about a 2 year upgrade time! Go there, get your PIC time (Doesn't matter TubroProp or Jet PIC) and in two years from now I am sure the majors will be doing more hiring! If you got the PIC time and you work hard to sending stuff out, a major will hire you!

Good Luck!!

psa vs. tsa
hmm thats like do you want to sleep with the fat ugly girl or just the ugly girl.
i'm not sure which one is which.

just because tsa has a faster upgrade time who cares? Is anyone hiring with 1000 pic anymore? If so great, but imo work for a decent carrier. Chq comes to mind.. Besides.. What good is a quick upgrade if you get fired? Tsa ( I know, I worked there for 5 years) has proven that they like to fire first then ask questions later. That looks great on a resume right? good luck

Thanks for the responses. It sounds like most of you lean towards PSA. If only this industry was stable enough to predict even 2 yrs. out. What a concept.

Stay way far away from any TSA holdings company! Yes, most management teams are not so employee friendly cause their #1 reason for existance is to make Money. That being said, a handful are just plain unethical and downright nasty. TSA holdings is definitely in that category along with the likes of Mesaba's and Mesa's.

Just to be clear, I'm in no way shape or form attacking Trans States, Mesaba, or Mesa pilots. But I'm sure if you ask one of them, they'll agree with my observation. PSA is a far better choice in my opinion.

I don't want to slam someone elses company, but I had friends go to TSA only to get furloughed on IOE. Things change in this industry but I wouldn't go there. I turned down a chance to fly there and instead went into the 135 world, and I upgraded in 10 months. Good luck!

While I don't work at TSA or PSA I know many at both. Unlike most posters on here the pilots I know at both airlines tend to like their job and are satisfied with where they are (for the time being) Pick the one where you don't commute or have an easy commute, then look at upgrade time. You won't find much difference between any Regionals out there so good luck and enjoy the ride. Despite what you read on here most of us still do.

Latest resources

Back