Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

d328pilot

flying in asia
I just got work a few minutes ago, PSA is to furlough 44 as of 3pm today (monday). Hopefully it will not be for long.

Justino said:
Why are they going to do this?
USAirways got its financing pulled for new CRJs and E170s - PSA will be directly impacted and likely won't need as many pilots in the short term due to fewer new aircraft coming down the line. Let's hope it doesn't get much worse soon....

I heard that too!
Last week they didn't have enough pilots, this week they are furloughing. gotta love it!!

Anything new on the CLT base?

Does this "44" number include people in class or not quite done with IOE? One of our FO's left here to go to PSA... Obviously he won't complete his training, but will the furlough of 44 affect anyone who's actually out flying the line?

The 44 guys they furloughed are all in training. Mostly ground school. Nobody that is actually on line has been furloughed as of yet.

Plenty of rumors going around about possibly more furloughs and a large amount of downgrades, but again, all just rumors.

Guess we will see.

328dude said:
The 44 guys they furloughed are all in training. Mostly ground school. Nobody that is actually on line has been furloughed as of yet.

Plenty of rumors going around about possibly more furloughs and a large amount of downgrades, but again, all just rumors.

Guess we will see.
I would say it would be in the best interest of mama USAirways to drop codeshare agreements with carriers such as Mesa, Chautauqua and so on and give the flying to the wholly owned carriers and have the deliveries keep on coming. It seems pointless to have pilots on the street at the W/O's and have code share agreements with other airlines. I certainly hope those 44 will return soon.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back