• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA recalling furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im with you on that Sig, the flying that PDT loses over the next few months I would not want to see anybody aside from PSA take up.

I also think anyone who says that an increase in PSA flying has nothing to do with a reduction in the PDT fleet is smoking some pretty strong stuff.

In fact, I hope PSA gets everyone back on the job by years end, because I'll tell you right now that I wont vote for any substandard bull** to 'keep the remaining 7 leases'. F* that.

Last edited:
In fact, I hope PSA gets everyone back on the job by years end, because I'll tell you right now that I wont vote for any substandard bull** to 'keep the remaining 7 leases'. F* that.

Yup. Max pay to the last day!

Look, its all a matter of bad timing. If PSA's leases had been up don't you think Parker would have parked them?

Our leases are up, no need to renew old a$$ planes that make money. Enter sarcasim

Its contract time, focus on that.

I for one am glad that PSA folks coming, I just hope both pilot groups will support each other this time rather then stumbling around trying to F' each other like with the RJ situation some years ago.

If PSA/PDT can keep a good open line of communication it might come to benefit both parties during contract neg.

dash furloughs 20, jet recalls 10.

Actually we have 74 on furlough and we are short staffed. I haven't not worked a reserve day in almost 3 months. If we didn't have people on furlough and were hiring and you furloughing then i could understand your sarcasm. But we are still 64 on the street. The reserve pilots need a break. We are being abused daily.

If PSA/PDT can keep a good open line of communication it might come to benefit both parties during contract neg.

I think both MECs have this as a main emphasis with negotiations. I wish we both could join our company foums and discuss topics as W/Os. I wish PDT nothing but the best of luck. Hell remember how Parker wanted us to do 50% of the express flying.... Maybe one day that will happen.

I think both MECs have this as a main emphasis with negotiations. I wish we both could join our company foums and discuss topics as W/Os.

I think that would be a great idea! Maybe their could be someway of getting PSA/PDT folks on a same website.

Piedmont has "The Lav Wall", maybe we could get something together to keep up with whats going on at both companies.

Hell remember how Parker wanted us to do 50% of the express flying.... Maybe one day that will happen.
It's hard to compete with another company when their F/O's are willing to fly 86 seat jets for 37 bucks an hour max pay. Especially when their company keeps giving you millions of dollars.

Hell remember how Parker wanted us to do 50% of the express flying.... Maybe one day that will happen.

When did he say that?

BTW. I remember in the December Crew News in Charlotte when he said there were no plans to change Piedmont's fleet. Oh wait, I guess he was only talking about ADDITIONAL aircraft.

It's hard to compete with another company when their F/O's are willing to fly 86 seat jets for 37 bucks an hour max pay. Especially when their company keeps giving you millions of dollars.

There are reasons companies such as RP and AW that give millions to airways. One being that they have money that can be used. The money given to airways is going to make money for RP and AW because they are LOANS.
These companies have a vested interest in the success of US. They are not buying there flying. Yes maybe Airways MGT looks favorably towards them because of help.
But you show me who says or where is says that PDT and PSA are the only ones making money for airways. As many PSA pilots say.

Latest resources

Back