• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA recalling furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are reasons companies such as RP and AW that give millions to airways. One being that they have money that can be used. The money given to airways is going to make money for RP and AW because they are LOANS.
These companies have a vested interest in the success of US. They are not buying there flying. Yes maybe Airways MGT looks favorably towards them because of help.
But you show me who says or where is says that PDT and PSA are the only ones making money for airways. As many PSA pilots say.

Well that money the contract carriers are lending was given to them by USAir (and others) in the first place. They are just being lent profit that they gave the contractors. Look I'd do the same thing if I was a contract carrier, not disagreeing with you at all in regard to their business practices.

USAir would much rather keep the profit in house with the WO, but obviously it's still cheaper to farm the flying out to companies that pay their pilots .40 cents/seat/hour in the right seat.

Well that money the contract carriers are lending was given to them by USAir (and others) in the first place. They are just being lent profit that they gave the contractors. Look I'd do the same thing if I was a contract carrier, not disagreeing with you at all in regard to their business practices.

USAir would much rather keep the profit in house with the WO, but obviously it's still cheaper to farm the flying out to companies that pay their pilots .40 cents/seat/hour in the right seat.

Airways did not give any money to RP or AW. RP purchased gates, slots, training equipment and sims to help them survive during the BK.

There are reasons companies such as RP and AW that give millions to airways. One being that they have money that can be used. The money given to airways is going to make money for RP and AW because they are LOANS.
These companies have a vested interest in the success of US. They are not buying there flying. Yes maybe Airways MGT looks favorably towards them because of help.
But you show me who says or where is says that PDT and PSA are the only ones making money for airways. As many PSA pilots say.
Another humbling smack down from a superior crewmember on the jumbo shrimp. You missed the point again, oh great one. Besides, this is a thread about PSA furloughs not what a great company you think RP is. Go drink your Kool Aid somewhere else.

Just more. You have shown your (lack of) intelligence in the Midex thread, and now you have graced us with your presence here. Thanks.

As far as my "just more" comment, it is a fact because of that pesky profit margin that contract carriers factor in. After all nobody gets into business to lose money, right? PSA and PDT are carried as straight expenses (at cost) on the LCC books and there are no contract minimum on the amount of flying. That is how they are able to easily furlough PSA and PDT pilots. All of the ticket sales for an Express(PSA/PDT)-connect-to-Airways flight goes into the "+" column in the ledger and the expenses ("-" column) for operating it is a smaller number. The difference ("profit") is greater.

2nd grade math lesson over.

Wait.....OK.....hold on............what??? On one hand you say that we should keep the "profit" in house. Then you say that the "feed" to the mainline is "cheaper" if farmed out.

It's one way, or it's the other, or else someone is LYING. Either the RJ/Dash flying is a profitable operation, or the whole mess costs money and Mesa and Republic are, as you said, "cheaper."

I'll go with option three, management lies about the profitability of its operations. Because they control the information, they control labor's expectations. And therein lies the crux of our collective failures to achieve the seemingly simple task of keeping up with inflation over the last 30 years.

Wait.....OK.....hold on............what??? On one hand you say that we should keep the "profit" in house. Then you say that the "feed" to the mainline is "cheaper" if farmed out.

Yea. There's more profit if they farm it out. Unfortunately some pilots at RAH know that when they start getting paid what they should, they will no longer be as cheap, and will most likely lose flying and no longer be the place for the "quick upgrade!".

Yea. There's more profit if they farm it out. Unfortunately some pilots at RAH know that when they start getting paid what they should, they will no longer be as cheap, and will most likely lose flying and no longer be the place for the "quick upgrade!".

Ok, I see now that you must have a degree in rocket science with a minor in accounting and you're probably MENSA too. You obviously have it all figured out. Congrats!

Latest resources

Back