• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA recalling furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BrownStreak - please change your avatar....it is very offensive to those of us with special needs children. Thank you.

T2S

I hope you guys do recall everyone, soon!

Fat chicks with bad fashion sense are special needs?

T2S, I think you should change your avatar. It is very offensive to those people who can't afford an Albatross and/or can't drink margaritas.

Just more. You have shown your (lack of) intelligence in the Midex thread, and now you have graced us with your presence here. Thanks.

As far as my "just more" comment, it is a fact because of that pesky profit margin that contract carriers factor in. After all nobody gets into business to lose money, right? PSA and PDT are carried as straight expenses (at cost) on the LCC books and there are no contract minimum on the amount of flying. That is how they are able to easily furlough PSA and PDT pilots. All of the ticket sales for an Express(PSA/PDT)-connect-to-Airways flight goes into the "+" column in the ledger and the expenses ("-" column) for operating it is a smaller number. The difference ("profit") is greater.

2nd grade math lesson over.

Oh wow thank you so much for changing my point of view. PSA and PDT are still bad companies... Complain all you want about RP I really don't care. At least there is QOL here compaired to there.

Blast away in that fast turbo prop POS. But just think... who will be out of a job before me... From the looks of it YOU.
DOOOOOSH

Oh wow thank you so much for changing my point of view. PSA and PDT are still bad companies... Complain all you want about RP I really don't care. At least there is QOL here compaired to there.

Blast away in that fast turbo prop POS. But just think... who will be out of a job before me... From the looks of it YOU.

...and some of you people wonder where stereotypes about Mainline Chautauqua pilots come from...

Actually the 170 is a POS to ride in. Sit in the back, the strobes give you seizers and the nazi f/a's make you keep the shades open for 3/4 of the flight.
In a Dash you stick in your earplugs and the props soooothe you to sleep. And i feel much much safer flying PDT. my .02

Last edited:

DOOOOOSH

If I loose my job I will come to your house and F*** your mom all day long while you fly your mainline POS to ILM and back DOOOOOSH. You think you fly for a good company because you park on a concourse other than E. PSA/PDT will be around long after you are furloghed after all we just got a new crew room. Oh since this thread isnt about PSA furloughs anymore....
MESA SUCKS

Funny thing is, IF Mainline wins their current grievence about the number of large jets flying at the regional level, which is over by a large amount. I wonder what will happen to those 86 seaters at RAH? :( Just saying, go try to take over Midex and enjoy you 118 an hour at 20 years. Glad you are making more then the Midex FO's were (barely).

DOOOOOSH

OOoooo another "my plane is faster than your plane!" argument. Well a Dash can fly approaches faster and and can descend much quicker so that obviously proves its a better airplane...what a dumb argument. I bet you gel your hair in a feux hawk.

PDT and PSA would be the longest lasting airlines out there if they stooped to the pay per seat that RAH gets. Good thing they actually have standards, and don't lower them to the bottom denominator to get new bigger airplanes that take mainline jobs away.

OOoooo another "my plane is faster than your plane!" argument. Well a Dash can fly approaches faster and and can descend much quicker so that obviously proves its a better airplane...what a dumb argument. I bet you gel your hair in a feux hawk.

PDT and PSA would be the longest lasting airlines out there if they stooped to the pay per seat that RAH gets. Good thing they actually have standards, and don't lower them to the bottom denominator to get new bigger airplanes that take mainline jobs away.

Uhhhhh... its faux hawk silly pants.... get it right.

Given a choice where would you go? RAH,PDT,PSA? End of story. Don't blame RAH pilots they're lucky that their company seems to specialize in 50+ seat flying, which is something that airlines will always need more than any other regional capacity. By the way the E170s are not that big they just look like mainline airplanes, some are even shorter than the NG CRJs. This bigger dick policy has to end we're all flying regional airplanes for regional pay.

This bigger dick policy has to end we're all flying regional airplanes for regional pay.

The only people that claim a E170 series is a regional airplane are the people flying them halfway across the country for 23 bucks an hour, as if it justifies bringing down industry pay averages.

Latest resources

Back