• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But it seems they have alot of resumes to plow through. Thanks again.

The other airlines have a lot of resumes, yes they do. But PSA has about 3. At a recent job fair PSA collected 4 resumes, then one guy asked for his back to give to a better place.

LIfe is getting rough for PSA management, other commuters are offering cash bonuses to new hires. Pinnacle is offering $1500 for a new hire with no airline experiance. Mesa and Republic are offering cash for new hires already qualified on thier equipment. PSA is offering a 5 year upgrade with abuse and degredation on a daily basis.

If you know anyone at Pinnacle give them a call, you get $1500 and your friend gets $500 if you get hired.

Or if you still want to come to PSA than go for it.
RF

The other airlines have a lot of resumes, yes they do. But PSA has about 3. At a recent job fair PSA collected 4 resumes, then one guy asked for his back to give to a better place.

LIfe is getting rough for PSA management, other commuters are offering cash bonuses to new hires. Pinnacle is offering $1500 for a new hire with no airline experiance. Mesa and Republic are offering cash for new hires already qualified on thier equipment. PSA is offering a 5 year upgrade with abuse and degredation on a daily basis.

If you know anyone at Pinnacle give them a call, you get $1500 and your friend gets $500 if you get hired.

Or if you still want to come to PSA than go for it.
RF
Didn't Pinnacle just loose 15 A/C to mesaba.

Didn't Pinnacle just loose 15 A/C to mesaba.

Yep. And they just got a new contract with Delta for 16 CRJ 900s starting in December. Who was it saying they wouldn't get anymore flying while the pilot contract was still in negotiations? So much for that crystal ball. ;)

g

RUN!!!!!! RUN!!!!!!!!
No wait if you come here you'll be junior to me. Think LandRover Think. Yes, PSA is great we have new airplanes, great bases.
Good Luck on the interview!!!!!
On second thought, Captains aren't leaving fast enough for it to matter, a lot of junior FO's are leaving for signing bonuses else where.
Upgarde will still be 5 years, O well guess I am stuck here.
Good Luck My friend!

RUN!!!!!! RUN!!!!!!!!
No wait if you come here you'll be junior to me. Think LandRover Think. Yes, PSA is great we have new airplanes, great bases.
Good Luck on the interview!!!!!
On second thought, Captains aren't leaving fast enough for it to matter, a lot of junior FO's are leaving for signing bonuses else where.
Upgarde will still be 5 years, O well guess I am stuck here.
Good Luck My friend!

No one is stuck, you can always quit. This is not slavery, you can make a choice to work at another company or another career if you decide it is beneficial to you.

Well one of our Chief Pilots left to go elsewhere...
And from what i heard the CP makes 120hrs/month salary.
So figure $88/hr times 120hrs = why would you leave? Weekends off, holidays with your family, every night in your own bed...for that salary hell i might even spend a night in PNS once a year. Do the math...things must me wrong if you would leave all that.

Actually it was top of the payscale at 150 hours a month! :)
ex-PSACPSP

Actually it was top of the payscale at 150 hours a month! :)
ex-PSACPSP

Thats a lot more then the $21,459 that i made last year!

Heard that yesterday there was 12 flights cancelled because of no crews. I know, don't believe everything you hear, but this was from a gate agent working the special services counter.

PSA could find pilots and staff the airline properly... they just have to be willing to make changes. And some could come at no cost at all...ie schedule improvements. And others will cost some cash, like hotel changes. I guess management is going to have to wake up and realize this is 2007 not 1984 and decent hotel rooms cost more than $35/night. And $1.34 doesn't cover much in the way of airport food. People all accross the country are willing to pay $3/gallon for gas, so raise the ticket price $50 and pay your employees (Not CEO's) properly.

Spoken like the true single, no family, no mortgage 22 year old new hire. Heaven forbid these guys get upset because their once nice company has gone down the tubes.

Thanks for the support D328Pilot!! I am not stuck, but it is hard to see a good airline go down right before our eyes. If I didn't have loans and a morgage yea I would be outa here but it's just not that easy.

Latest resources

Back