• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats a lot more then the $21,459 that i made last year!

Heard that yesterday there was 12 flights cancelled because of no crews. I know, don't believe everything you hear, but this was from a gate agent working the special services counter.

PSA could find pilots and staff the airline properly... they just have to be willing to make changes. And some could come at no cost at all...ie schedule improvements. And others will cost some cash, like hotel changes. I guess management is going to have to wake up and realize this is 2007 not 1984 and decent hotel rooms cost more than $35/night. And $1.34 doesn't cover much in the way of airport food. People all accross the country are willing to pay $3/gallon for gas, so raise the ticket price $50 and pay your employees (Not CEO's) properly.

I think its true about the cancelled flights! Saw a bunch saturday, and we (PDT) cancelled a few because of lack of crews!

Month of May->2,000hrs of open time for FO's! 1,000hrs open time for Captains! Company is offering Double Prem. Pay to pick open time, and extra 200.00 if you don't call out sick in May.

We are parking two Dash's in June/July to try and get restaffed!

Offering New Hires a 5,000.00 dollar signing bonus!!

Its gonna be long summer! I am sure everyone will be Capped out on Junior mans by the end of the summer.

I think the skills test involves a timed walk through an urban mock up with pop out "goon" targets that you have to shoot at. Weapon of your choice. You are graded on accuracy and time and are disqualified if you miss a certain amount.

This is a simulation of several key overnight scenarios and they need to be certain that they're not wasting their training dollar on a candidate with inferior survival skills. I've heard that they'll occasionally make you do this while carrying a hysterical gay FA over one shoulder.

I need to bill for a new keyboard, because my ice tea came out of my nose and onto the keyboard after reading your thread.

I think its true about the cancelled flights! Saw a bunch saturday, and we (PDT) cancelled a few because of lack of crews!

Month of May->2,000hrs of open time for FO's! 1,000hrs open time for Captains! Company is offering Double Prem. Pay to pick open time, and extra 200.00 if you don't call out sick in May.

We are parking two Dash's in June/July to try and get restaffed!

Offering New Hires a 5,000.00 dollar signing bonus!!

Its gonna be long summer! I am sure everyone will be Capped out on Junior mans by the end of the summer.

After the meeting with Martin yesterday it sounds like Piedmont is going to get some new airplanes. I think that because of the history of Martin and American Eagle that it will be ATR's. Sure would be nice to see some Q400's instead.

It doesn't matter how you do on the skills test. I heard that at the last interview session over half of the pilots hired by PSA didn't pass the sim portion of the interview.

After the meeting with Martin yesterday it sounds like Piedmont is going to get some new airplanes. I think that because of the history of Martin and American Eagle that it will be ATR's. Sure would be nice to see some Q400's instead.

Oooooooooh, any details for us white-top outsiders?

It'd be excellent to see PDT get a new lease on life!

Oooooooooh, any details for us white-top outsiders?

It'd be excellent to see PDT get a new lease on life!

The general consensus of people attending the meeting was that he had no clue what was going on. Not really surprising. I hear the view out the window's of the Sandcastle is pretty nice.

The general consensus of people attending the meeting was that he had no clue what was going on. Not really surprising. I hear the view out the window's of the Sandcastle is pretty nice.

I think the position Martin has is just to get the regional guys off Doug P. Back. D.P. just doesn't want to deal with us low lifes. Martin did say that mainline has 1600 departures a day while express is 2400. Not some small number. Anyway i think that the first think Martin wanted to do when he got the position is look busy and buy airplanes. Not a bad idea since Piedmont has the highest time Dash 8 in the world. Seen lots of Philly.
Anyway he also mentioned that PSA has 4 CRJ 900's in montreal sitting in US Air colors just waiting for PSA Management to come to an agreement with PSA MEC regarding pay rates. I guess there is a scope clause in there somewhere as well but since when did management respect pilots contracts? He did mention that if PSA didn't take the 900's that J.O. wants them.
Whatever.

Well one of our Chief Pilots left to go elsewhere...
And from what i heard the CP makes 120hrs/month salary.
So figure $88/hr times 120hrs = why would you leave? Weekends off, holidays with your family, every night in your own bed...for that salary hell i might even spend a night in PNS once a year. Do the math...things must me wrong if you would leave all that.

Wow, where did you get those numbers? If you read it on the internet it must be true? LOLOLOLODid you apply for his job when he left?

Last edited:
Anyway he also mentioned that PSA has 4 CRJ 900's in montreal sitting in US Air colors just waiting for PSA Management to come to an agreement with PSA MEC regarding pay rates.
Holy crap! He admitted that?

He did mention that if PSA didn't take the 900's that J.O. wants them.
Whatever.

Buh-HULLSH-hit! If JO wants them now, he would have wanted them for the past several months. If it truly was a take-it-or-leave it deal, then they would have flanagled a plan with JO to get them by now....

proof right there that they really, really want PSA to have them. Now that's sweet. Ignore the whipsaw, lads! They hate MESA, and want to consolidate express operations (not merge) to have control over the product.

Latest resources

Back