PSA Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
D328,

Maybe a few representation issues, the ball was dropped. One big one, (which I believe is actually being worked on now) is an application that took 6 months to be signed, and is now affecting some insurance benefits for an individual...........whereas f/os I've talked to , their apps were lickity split gotten into alpa. This one has chapped my ass and think there should be some lawsuits filed against these people.....

Bros there is no flow.. PDT/PSA you have nothing to give/offer AAA.

PDT/PSA you are in a a$$ kicking contest with a broken leg when you try to negotiate with AAA. They can and will eat you up alive. You have your youth and time to make your career don't give them the power over your future.

I was just looking over the seniority list. I noticed some of the MDA guys have higher seniority numbers than some of the mainline J4J's (or so it seems). So does that mean they would be called for recall before the mainline guys? How the heck does that work?

No they are under all the mainline pilots. However they seem to have been able to keep their original DOH for retirement purposes.....not that there is one anymore. I am unsure if it also applies to vacations and such.

That is another question that I have heard floating around among the ranks of the furloughed. Does this mean that all the W/O guys that went to mainline also get to keep their original Group DOH for these purposes?( There are a bunch) If not I would wager there will be some hard questions asked of certian people about it at some time in the future. Especially if some kind of retirement plan is ever put back in place.

EDIT: I assume you are talking about the CEL guys and DOH listed. If you have seen actual system #'s that list a CEL guy above a mainline furloughee I would be interested in getting a copy from you.

Last edited:
PDT/PSA you are in a a$$ kicking contest with a broken leg when you try to negotiate with AAA. They can and will eat you up alive. You have your youth and time to make your career don't give them the power over your future.

With all the "Good" companies hiring...ie Continental, southwest...what makes them think we want to live a life of misery with Mainline anyway? Show me 1 happy mainline pilot and i will show you 20 unhappy. And how good is the mainline MEC anyway. Good job protecting the pensions. Now an aircraft cleaner makes more money. ALPA dues well spent.

Easy 41 I've met many great mainline guys, and of course there are a few pricks but remember thats a work group that had the crap kicked out of them the last few years. Kind of left em beat up, and bruised.

Nobody answered Wsurf's original question,
What the Usair MEC is pissed about is the
fact that j4j pilots are only probationary
at PSA, not Republic, and it was the PSA
MEC chairman's idea.

Crzi,
That application was one that was handled during a change in who was chairman I believe. Nevertheless, an application is that is not signed by the local is automatically signed by the vp admin after 3 months I think. Its sad that you think the application wasnt signed because she was a J4J. Everything that can be done to fix the problem is being done. Its an oversight and it will be fixed. It had nothing to do with her being J4J.

Latest resources

Back