• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do you figure slotted bidding can be thrown out??? slotted bidding is what PSA offered up for the ability to fly the 70 seaters........

Now you can throw out slotted bidding, and have just J4J people fly the 70 seaters. and our problems are solved.

B1900 capt. Interesting your view that we have sacrificed nothing.

Last edited:
Crzpilot,

I hope slotted bidding is not thrown out. It would be nice if the MECs could continue discussions, work towards a flow through, and finally unite all the pilots that fly US Airways aircraft. However, the J4J agreement stipuates that flow through must be agreed upon at some point in order to keep the J4J agreement active. If the mainline pilots refuse to discuss flow through (as they stated through their latest resolution) the J4J agreement could be ruled dead, at least the slotted bidding portion. I don't have a copy of the LOA so I can't make a direct quote, sorry. Maybe someone else on this message board has the LOA handy.

What's going on at PSA?

The funny part is -- if the Mainline MEC halts talks on flow through, they will be in violation of the J4J protocol. If that happens the PSA MEC could throw slotted bidding out the window as early as the next monthly bid. The AAA MEC is willing to risk harming all the J4J pilots on property at PSA because they choose to believe the story of a few malcontent J4J over the PSA MEC.

Just to be clear...the resolution precludes the PSA MEC "further access to the US Airways MEC." The context of the resolution speaks directly of MS. According to the PDT ALPA phone message, Flow through discussions between related committees are to take place this week.

T8

Last edited:
How do you figure slotted bidding can be thrown out??? slotted bidding is what PSA offered up for the ability to fly the 70 seaters........

Now you can throw out slotted bidding, and have just J4J people fly the 70 seaters. and our problems are solved.

B1900 capt. Interesting your view that we have sacrificed nothing.

Please enlighten me. Don't misunderstand me. You are a stand-up guy and I have no intent to be your adversary over this sh*t. I said before I do recognize and respect the sacrifices that USAir mainline pilots have had made over the years but during all this J4J mess what sacrifices have been made by the JJ's to have given us the so called "privilege" to place these jets at PSA?

the MEC told Captain Stanley in no uncertain terms that they will not tolerate the disparate treatment that our pilots are facing, and reminded him that every jet PSA flies has come from the sacrifices of the J4J US Airways pilots.

What sacrifices do they mean?

Captain slot?
Slotted bidding?
Check Airman positions?
Management positions?
Bypassing recall and return to mainline at your leisure or even stay at PSA permanently because you have it better here than what is available? (That's only some JJ's views) I certainly hope that is not possible.

I really would like to know.

Last edited:
Not looking at being adversarial....just curious where you were coming from with this comment. All of this has been hashed over previously, I've also been enlightened some as to where the AAA reps are coming from, from this recent stance. Not going to go into it here, but they make some convincing statements. It's not the sacrifices "During this J4J Mess" but those that came before it.

Basically the JJ's gave up the ultimate sacrifice. I.E. they were furloughed, and lost more than what any mainline guy that still has a job, has sacrificed. We were cut from the bottom and put on the street, the active guys agreed to fly more, for less money, and allow more flying to be outsourced. In order for that flying to be outsourced, the company had to do it via Rat Jets. With that flying outsourced, there was not a need for the number of pilots on property which they currently had. Hence the bottom ones were sent to the streets, flying out the door, Active guys flying more for less, under the stipulation, it was a new day, and the corporation needed this to stay alive. Well some of that might have been true, but management took advantage of the whole situation just a tad.

The guy in earlier post that said something about the J4J being null/void if there are not on going talks of flow through. Uhmmm...you better get a copy of the LOA's before you start talking like you know what your talking about. As there is not any such language in any of the LOA's. The slotted bidding, LOA 93 on ML contract, simply states slotted bidding is in Order for PSA pilots to fly 700's.

I haven't heard of what's happened after the MEC meeting, but the PHL reps I hear, have simply stated there will not be any talks with PSA until they are satisfied these things are taken care of. So interesting that some still say that flow through talks are still on going with PSA. Is it PSA wants the f/o's to think that so they still stay around??? Don't know.

Part of what the PHL reps stated was, they were hoping this would come out and get the jr guys to get involved and make a change around here. Some of the issues are not J4J exclusive, as some of the issues are simply cases where J4J's have been termed (and this is over the past 3 years) and could as well effect PSA individuals too........

Not looking at being adversarial....just curious where you were coming from with this comment. All of this has been hashed over previously, I've also been enlightened some as to where the AAA reps are coming from, from this recent stance. Not going to go into it here, but they make some convincing statements. It's not the sacrifices "During this J4J Mess" but those that came before it.

Basically the JJ's gave up the ultimate sacrifice. I.E. they were furloughed, and lost more than what any mainline guy that still has a job, has sacrificed. We were cut from the bottom and put on the street, the active guys agreed to fly more, for less money, and allow more flying to be outsourced. In order for that flying to be outsourced, the company had to do it via Rat Jets. With that flying outsourced, there was not a need for the number of pilots on property which they currently had. Hence the bottom ones were sent to the streets, flying out the door, Active guys flying more for less, under the stipulation, it was a new day, and the corporation needed this to stay alive. Well some of that might have been true, but management took advantage of the whole situation just a tad.

Brotha that does not seem like a sacrifice to me. It was more like you were backstabbed by your own peers and management. It's not like you and all the other 1800 pilots stood up and said " I will take one for the team and you can have my job." You did not have a choice.

Last edited:
Crzipilot is right. Whether J4J or PSA, the union dropped the ball on some representation issues. It seems to me that this is an easy fix. Just represent all of the pilots on the property equally and effectively and we won't have issues. I highly doubt the AAA MEC or AAA LEC reps want to shun all PSA pilots. If we can help the few individuals and cases that are requested, I am sure it will show AAA our willingness to work together and protect one another. Building trust, what a concept!

Just Mainlines 1/2ass effort to try help pilots they couldn't care less about anyway.

But why now? The AAA Union hasn't giving a rats ass (can I say that on here?) about what the PSA Union has been doing to the JJs up until now. What changed? I know the CEL guys have been having a rough time (as I feel they should) but I can't imagine that that is what set this off. Is this just the PHL group making a power play within the AAA MEC?

The same PHL reps that came up and interupted our lunch at the BOD by throwing a wadded up part of LOA 91 on the lunch table. Real class acts...Get a hair cut and take out the earring. They have a hard on because we didnt submit to their desires. They can kiss my .....

Exactly what did the PSA MEC drop the ball on? The have been represented equally as other PSA pilots. You work for a crappy company and the company treats you equally bad. Get over it.

Latest resources

Back