• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA PHL Base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i dont even know what you guys are talking about i'm mesmerized by the milk tanks in B190's avatar. Who the Fu(k is that????

You AWAC guys can have CLT in a silver platter. That place sucks. Worst controllers in the country and no reason for it. No airspace anywhere nearby, favorable runway config, etc. At least PHL has an excuse, lousy design and lots of traffic, not to mention NYC to the north and the DC metros to the south. I'd take PHL back in a second. You guys think its bad now, you should have seen it 3 years ago.

Worst controllers? Are you on crack? When was the last time they smacked a couple airplanes together? I'd like to hear you say that to one of them in person...unless of course you were talking about those chicks that work in the ramp tower (for those of you don't know I think they'd be capable of fockin up a wet dream...at least Jimmy's there to unscrew the cluster once in a while) Those controllers do an excellent job. As mentioned before, it's certainly not their fault US Airways decides to catapult half of the whole fleet off at once just in time for the other half of it to come screamin in, and unlike philly, still be polite and easygoing while they do it. How dare you insult the controllers for our company sucking...have some respect.

Dude, we get paid block or better. Be glad when you sit in line an hour to takeoff...it's the only way to help our puny little paychecks. Would you prefer to be sitting on your @ss in the crewroom listening to everyone b!tch or be out making money in the plane?!

The weather is nicer in CLT, and the rampees, while equally lazy as the ones in PHL, are at least hired off the street and not in a prison work release program.

ah...to heck with it...some people aren't happy unless they're whining and the biggest whiners are the most ignorant of them all.

Last edited:
Ok, you're incorrect about the r ampers on work release. I spoke to one of the rampers and he said he was never in prison. And I quote what he said "I was a guest of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania."
ha ha
I wondered what was he in for?

I will never forget about 5 years ago we were boarding out of PHL! A blue chevy blazer drove bye our plane with its blue lights going, and all 3 workers that were loading the plane took off behind a dumpster! After about 5 minutes they came back, and the captain went out to question them on why they took off!!!

Answer!! "man, wez wa scared"! Me and my boyz have warrents out for our arrest"!!

That was PHL!! Back in the Trailer days!!

Apparently Air Whiskey is moving a bunch of guys out of PHL so someone will need to fill in, so it makes sense. Time will tell I guess. I'm sure we at PSA will be last to know!

Hey mamba,

Don't go making deals for the rest of us on here. You haven't been at PSA long enough to know what a complete and utter sh*thole PHL is. CLT on it's worst day is far and away better than PHL on it's best. Not only is the ramp better and the delays less, but the weather is warmer and the "scenery" in the terminal is 100x better than that in PHL. I start out every day thanking the lord that we don't have a PHL base anymore. You should too.

Latest resources

Back