Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
M

mnalpha

So WHEN this DOES happen who do you think will keep the name? PSA or PDT. I think PDT because we are a east coast airline and PSA WAS a west coast thing. Oh yea, you new PSA guys should be reading up on the -8 systems manual. hhaha

later

mnalpha, If I were you I wouldn't gloat prematurely. If it does happen, they just staple you and fence you out of their big jets.

the only thing thats going to happen at PDT is what happened yesterday, and the day before that, and the one before that...and so on.........

I think short of everyone at HQ in SBY getting replaced everything will be status quo until the wings fall off these ol dashes. Well we will keep losing flying to awac, how many 4000# flight numbers do they have now? I just heard they are taking over SWF, I am really gonna miss that overnight, but thats not the point.... I can hear it now.....just another reason to get rid of those spendy -300 leases.....

The rumor!!! Remember Rumor, is that once the CRJ200's leases come up then they will be returned. Parker doesn't see a need for the CRJ 200's on the WO side of things.
I don't know if PSA has more 700's coming there way. If they do, I am sure they will bring everyone of them on. PSA flys all 700's at that point, and then you might see a merger with PDT and PSA.
As for PDT, they will stay around 55 Turbo props for awhile (I believe US Airways own thirty something Dash's outright). US Airways has tracked down 2 more Dash 8 300's that will enter service this year as part of the Dash 8 200's replacement. Along with that, it seem that US Airways is securing 10 more years of Dash 8 300 leasing..

mnalpha said:
So WHEN this DOES happen who do you think will keep the name? PSA or PDT. I think PDT because we are a east coast airline and PSA WAS a west coast thing. Oh yea, you new PSA guys should be reading up on the -8 systems manual. hhaha

later

Even if this was ever to happen, I don't think PSA has to worry! If there is a merger, then I am sure it will be straight date of Hire with Fences to save money in training cost and protect bases. But don't come on here and be cocky about telling PSA guys they need to read up on Dash manuals.
A lot of stuff goes on when you merge airlines, look at all the crap that went down when we merged with ALG (And we were basically the same airline).
During mergers someone always gets a bit hosed. I don't think we have to worry about this subject for a long time! And if we do! Well then we need to be a bit more united then divided!! And we don't need a PDT pilot to come on here and stir up the pot, that just isn't cool at all.

Last edited:
Can anyone provide any substantiation to the rumor? We have been rumored to merge/sold to nearly every regional out there but why does this thread continue to resurface. I don't think anything is happening with PDT/PSA at this point. 2 fleets 2 certificates what sense does a merger make when the SSO handles many of the duplicate managerial functions.

Latest resources

Back