• Watchers 14

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DAYYUMMMM!

I had no idea that shart was going on. I've been contacted TWICE this month with a JM-- of course, I didn't answer the phone! WTF?

That's boolsheet. Do you press scheduling for any work, or do you wait for the phone to ring? I know for a fact I can call next week for an extra day if I wanted it. I sure as heck won't now, knowing you guys are getting that short of a deal.

*** Those JMs came to me with a 90 hour line. What the HE[[ is going on?

Last edited:
I don't know about EWN, but down here in ROA we had something like 7 guys on reserve. I flew with one CA from ROA all month (and no FAs), and he had to double DH out to do the trip. Next month I think we're down to two reserves, so I assume I'll be flying more. I almost never call asking for work, I wasn't gonnna break garuntee, and I do enjoy me some San Andreas.

dude, I call and harrass them. every morning i call them and tell them to put me first out for the next day. i told them to send me to friggen maine to fly if that's what it takes. maybe they don't like me? who knows, but i'm not too happy.

maybe i should bid roa? a guy I went through groundschool with is based there and said that a capt had to fly right seat on several flights... that ain't right!

Last edited:
I sit reserve in CLT and so far this month I worked 9 days. I called in everyday to get first out, and even called on days off for a JM and they have nothing. I even called to make sure I was still employed.

i was just goofing about the merge. With no paint at PDT, I bet we will all be out of a job soon. I had no idea that the reserves were getting that little amount of work. That sucks! It seem that LGA/MDT/SYR reserves get called out a lot more.

Maybe next month will be different. I'm usually busy. I get the feeling somethings going on. What it is, I don't know but there has to be something

awww shucks you guys...I know it sucks being where you are at right now sitting reserve not moving, but the fact of the matter is that PDT is not growing anymore, and people are not leaving like they were in the past year. I think the attrition rate was something near 30 % of newhires within the first year and 50% by the second. Not to mention a lot of 50 something year old captains with no upgrades in sight, what do you expect when you're at the bottom. Best thing you can do is tell crew scheduling each month how beautiful they look (yeah right...) and hope that you can get some flying out of it. If they upgrade people in the next months hopefully you guys can get off the couch and make a buck or two...

mnalpha said:
That sucks! It seem that LGA/MDT/SYR reserves get called out a lot more.

Nope, it isn't uncommon for 5-6 rsv to sit around all day in SYR. But when you have a BUP, who cares. 4 hrs pay for no work. Buy crew scheduling a pizza every other month and you start to get on-calls of 10 am or later. Next month most bup lines have 5 day trips out of mdt. Unfortunately for sofa ceo, you couldn't convince anyone here that we need a new hire class. Although in SYR we only have 1 rsv ca, so we need an upgrade class and then a new hire class.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back