• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA or Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are some very mixed messages here.
Just got an email that a pilot job fair set for SFO next weekend.
Why are your classes getting delayed and postponed when we are still interviewing?

Info I heard is they are way backed up in the training department and they had to push back the new hire RJ classes to let the guys transition off the emb.

It doesn't appear the growth is over. There is new flying being added in January as well as more on the horizon. Also, with the new rest requirements in the final stages, more pilots (including captains) are going to be required and skywest is hiring in anticipation o this. Third, attrition is already high and expected to increase significantly over the next 2 years. So, I believe your forecast of 4 years for new-hires today is very short sighted. I don't know what it'll be, but I expect upgrades times to be relatively short very soon. Of course, economy and terrorism issues can change everything in a heartbeat.

I see what you did there.

Flew with a check airman yesterday that said the IOE for new hires is the holdup. Not enough check airmen so the scheduling of IOE is holding them up.
I know of one check airmen that just left for FedEx.

New question: Which airline would be faster for a new-hire to get 1000 hours?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out where I can fly the most, the quickest. I don't want to be stuck at only 200 hours more this time next year and am wondering if the bird in hand (PSA) is faster to a line than the bird in the bush (Skywest possible start date at the end of Feb).

New question: Which airline would be faster for a new-hire to get 1000 hours?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out where I can fly the most, the quickest. I don't want to be stuck at only 200 hours more this time next year and am wondering if the bird in hand (PSA) is faster to a line than the bird in the bush (Skywest possible start date at the end of Feb).

Why do want to get 1000 hrs? TT or additional?

1000 hours total MEL turbine time meets insurance company requirements for corporate birds. Then I can step into slightly-above-bottom-feeder corporate slots, conduct VLJ training, and generally forge a career outside of the airlines. All that Citation farmer time didn't mean jack to the insurance companies, they want time in aircraft above 50000 lbs.

I know, it's always something.

Unless SKYW hires into the future at significant rates, depending on when you get hired, your experience may less than desired=long reserve experience with little flying. Currently SKYW has little movement.

Latest resources

Back