PSA offered 900's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sig said:
What does PDT lose? How are they screwing us in this particular deal? Sounds to me like they have to take it up the gicker on this one- I'd be furious at mainline if I was insulted with that proposal, and embarassed if I had to fly a 90 seater for much less than the Dash drivers make.

Couldn't agree more, and the majority are screaming the same song over here. It's nice to see a unified majority not willing to take it up the pooper AGAIN.

Last edited:
OPECJet said:
PDT is not going to allow the whipsaw to be used again. Both MECs are a lot smarter than the first time this came up.

Cheers guys.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks.

328dude said:
Couldn't agree more, and the majority are screaming the same song over here. It's nice to see a unified majority not willing to take it up the pooper AGAIN.

THAT is some great news. No whipsaw = no screwage. No way in hayull the AWAC guys will play into this, either. Play ball!

Gald to hear it. Give 'em hwell.

hey if thats the case, i fully admit that I am a jack a$$, please forgive me. I was sure for some reason that those jets would be flown for 70 seat rates, if not, you guys rule, and once again I am sorry for being a huge d|ck!

Those jets may very well be flown for the current rate. The PSA contract is up soon, and if the 900s are accepted with the current proposal, I would imagine that with the added leverage the aircraft would get the pilot group, you would see significant gains in pay and QOL over there.

The other scenario I see is that if the proposal is turned down, Airways will come to PSA with another proposal. If those jets were going to mainline, they'd already be there. The other option named was sending them to PDT. Economics dictates that will not happen.

No matter what the vote, PSA will be flying those 900s.

Cheers, and good luck!

Opec,
The problem is there is no real leverage. You get those jets on property, come contract time they threaten to take them away....you give in.

You don't agree to do it they threaten to put them somewhere else...you may win, you may lose...nobody knows the answer except MGMT

This is the new modus operendi for AAA MGMT to negotiate like this...I say new, but they have been using the gloom/doom "we need an answer today" tactic for 4 years....with great success (unfortunately).

PSAChiefPilots said:
I have done probably 95% of the interviews in CLT (or the Sim Evals) but I have other duties besides interviews and I do occasionally have to run out to answer the phone.
PSACPSP

Yes. For example, he's the designated Public Internet Propaganda Pundit, or PIPP. Without, PSAChief, the world would never know that we, for example, have no door on our crapper. We'd also miss out on several job applicants whose only life is here on FlightInfo.com.

PSAChief, you're the greatest!

BeCareful! said:
Yes. For example, he's the designated Public Internet Propaganda Pundit, or PIPP. Without, PSAChief, the world would never know that we, for example, have no door on our crapper. We'd also miss out on several job applicants whose only life is here on FlightInfo.com.

PSAChief, you're the greatest!

Speaking of only life here on FI, Are you ever coming back?
PSACPSP

Latest resources

Back