• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA offered 900's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yup...Its me. Still looking at this site for entertainment purposes. Who is this by the way?
Pseu pseu pseudo

Sorry just got back from a long trip. Don't have time to read the last 100 posts I missed. So, if this has already been said then I apologize.

PSA pilots have US Airways management by the balls. And since I'm not at PSA I don't know if you guys know this. US Air will not give these 900s to Mesa period. They will not send them to Republic due to staffing concerns. They will not send them to Piedmont because they don't ever acknowledge us. They won't go to mainline because the pay is too high. Bottom line is PSA is already type rated for the 900, they already have the training department, and US Airways management knows they are weak.

PSA please listen to this, think about it and formulate a plan before acting. You guys have US airways by the balls, you really do. Stand your ground and get the pay that is deserved. Ask for the US Air E190 pay rates.

Worst case scenerio if you say no:

First US Airways will take a dump in their pants. You will catch them totally of guard.

Next, US Air will do one of two things. They will either negotiate the higher pay rate or they will call up PDT to bid for the 900 flying. PDT will definitely jump on the flying and once they do, US Air will announce the merger of PSA and PDT. This will bring the 900s right back to PSA, since they have the training dept. US Airways is LOW COST.......

Pease, Please, Please think about every scenerio possible before taking the 900s.

PSA YOU HAVE US AIRWAYS BY THE SHORT AND CURLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
PropPiedmont said:
Sorry just got back from a long trip. Don't have time to read the last 100 posts I missed. So, if this has already been said then I apologize.

PSA pilots have US Airways management by the balls. And since I'm not at PSA I don't know if you guys know this. US Air will not give these 900s to Mesa period. They will not send them to Republic due to staffing concerns. They will not send them to Piedmont because they don't ever acknowledge us. They won't go to mainline because the pay is too high. Bottom line is PSA is already type rated for the 900, they already have the training department, and US Airways management knows they are weak.

PSA please listen to this, think about it and formulate a plan before acting. You guys have US airways by the balls, you really do. Stand your ground and get the pay that is deserved. Ask for the US Air E190 pay rates.

First US Airways will take a dump in their pants. You will catch them totally of guard.

Next, US Air will do one of two things. They will either negotiate the higher pay rate or they will call up PDT to bid for the 900 flying. PDT will definitely jump on the flying and once they do, US Air will announce the merger of PSA and PDT. This will bring the 900s right back to PSA, since they have the training dept. US Airways is LOW COST.......

Pease, Please, Please think about every scenerio possible before taking the 900s.

PSA YOU HAVE US AIRWAYS BY THE SHORT AND CURLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Agree 100%

Merge the whole thing is a must

PropPiedmont said:

Thats a big problem with pilots. They are truly idealists at heart. The bottom line is no one knows what the decision is. You best be competitive first time around rather than being caught with your trousers down.

We better say no. For all of these reasons. Management is just going to be blowing a bunch of smoke. The salary for management is based on the size of the fleet. So you can bet that all of our beloved higher ups (if you can call them that) will be getting a pay raise. We should as well. We are the only ones that do any real work and without us, the airline wouldnt exist.

This may or may not be a good time to tie this in but did you see that the cultural survey showed that they the only groups that thought this place sucked to work at was the pilot and flight attendant groups? Interesting to say the least. Lets get some more green from this cheap bastards.

Proppiedmont....Great idea . and man that would be a great move for the pilot group to raise standards and moral. it seems to logical and where talking managemnet, when was the last time any of these suits thought about tommorow instead of 2 days ago. the whole 900 issue came out nowhere it was so unexpected when it was sprung on these guys. whos to say they don't have something even more tricky up there sleeve if PSA declines. After all its airline management, the slime of the industry

Here are the reasons why peidmont will not get the Jets.
1) No J4J agreement
2) No training program
3) They will have to do proving runs $$$
4) How do they determine who flys the jets and who flys the props? Seniority? Then the cost would far exceed PSA
5) No pay scale for 90 seaters in place. 6 month min negotiations.
6) If Piedmont gets the 900's and PSA's 200 are going away....then PSA would then just fade away. Makes it difficult for management to whipsaw a regional when there is only one left.

I hear the rumors that either we take the jets or piedmont will, is a lie. PSA will get the jets even if we vote "No".

On a side note PSA was told that this is not a negotiating item. We either vote Yes or No. Here is what i got from the MEC
Also know that any final agreement to be negotiated would be subject to a member ratification vote.

This sounds like a negotiation item to me. What scares me is that there is no provision that stops PSA from taking away the 200's. Can you imagine an all 700 and 900 fleet getting paid 200 rates!

ex j-41 said:
Here are the reasons why peidmont will not get the Jets.
1) No J4J agreement
2) No training program
3) They will have to do proving runs $$$
4) How do they determine who flys the jets and who flys the props? Seniority? Then the cost would far exceed PSA
5) No pay scale for 90 seaters in place. 6 month min negotiations.
6) If Piedmont gets the 900's and PSA's 200 are going away....then PSA would then just fade away. Makes it difficult for management to whipsaw a regional when there is only one left.

I hear the rumors that either we take the jets or piedmont will, is a lie. PSA will get the jets even if we vote "No".

On a side note PSA was told that this is not a negotiating item. We either vote Yes or No. Here is what i got from the MEC

This sounds like a negotiation item to me. What scares me is that there is no provision that stops PSA from taking away the 200's. Can you imagine an all 700 and 900 fleet getting paid 200 rates!

Your conclusions may or may not be correct, but there are some factual mistakes in your post...

1. We DO have a J4J agreement. As a matter of fact, we were the first WO to agree to it's terms. We never got a jet, but we are still a "participating carrier" for the purposes of flow through, so obviously we have a J4J agreement in place.

2. PDT does have a CRJ AQP program on the shelves, approved and ready to go. We have had it since we thought we were getting the jets after being the first WO to agree to Group's terms. After all, they said the first WO to agree would win the prize... Oh, wait, that was the first WO to slit the other two's throats. Thats how PSA came to have them. Maybe you weren't around for that.

3. Yawn. BFD. A drop in the bucket.

4. Seniority. Duh. You really haven't been at this long, have you? Are you really advocating an equipment bid outside of seniority? Yeah, being a guy with 15-20 years in at PDT is really a fu#king crime, ain't it?

5. Maybe right on that one, but I doubt it'd take six months.

6. Parker did say he wanted "further consolidation at the WO's" so who knows. Just remember... CEL seniority governs!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back