• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA offered 900's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The reason is that that our 700s rates are just under or even above industry average for flying this size of equipment and even very close to the E190 rates.

You are talking Captain pay only. The F/O pay is very substandard.
$21.85/hr vs $41 for mainline. The only reason an F/O will vote Yes is because he/she would have the illusion that they will upgrade. All it means for the rest of us is that we go from reserve of 10 days off to a line of 11.
Give us something in writing....

They are asking us to vote on a contract change that can dramatically change our careers and maybe the industry. Growth has to be in writing and writen by an independent lawyer.

Wait a minute i have an idea....We will all vote YES if management takes a 30% pay cut and tosses away their pensions. They we know that they are in it for the company not themselves.

You know what? If they say that they are going to shut the place down if we dont take the 900's with the current rate then so be it. Close this ********************ty ass joke of an airline down.

And for you Sig, and Sniper, PSA didnt screw PDT or ALG FACT! You guys hung us out to dry first. Try not to get blown over on the north ramp ok?

mamba20 said:
You know what? If they say that they are going to shut the place down if we dont take the 900's with the current rate then so be it. Close this ********************ty ass joke of an airline down.

And for you Sig, and Sniper, PSA didnt screw PDT or ALG FACT! You guys hung us out to dry first. Try not to get blown over on the north ramp ok?

If you hate it so much at PSA, why don't you just resign and go somewhere else?

You are right about the PDT/ALG comment though!

mamba20 said:

It's tools like you that make this airline ********************ty.

Oh sure. They're not A320s now. Not until they decide to rename it the RJ320 and guys like you agree to fly them on a blended rate with the CRJ.

ex j-41 said:
You are talking Captain pay only. The F/O pay is very substandard.
$21.85/hr vs $41 for mainline.

You are omitting some important details here! First year pay at US Airways on the narrowbodies, except the E190, is $25/hour. Three more dollars for flying 70-100 more seats than you do!

At Continental and Northwest, it is $30/hour, United is $31/hour, I could go on. Fact is FO pay at the regionals sucks and first year pay at most carriers is almost always bad.

BenderGonzales said:
Oh sure. They're not A320s now. Not until they decide to rename it the RJ320 and guys like you agree to fly them on a blended rate with the CRJ.

Bender:

Why don't you tell us how you feel about the substandard pay to fly the A320 at JetBlue, nevermind the DC9 replacement E190 pay?

Oh, I forgot, US, UAL, DL, NWA ... I guess all airline pilots are flying for substandard pay now

Ok $28 vs $44. 2nd year!

Top pay for F/O is $36 Vs $52
Takes 7 years to get there.
Takes 6 years to get to TOS with US Airways....

You are omitting some important details here! First year pay at US Airways on the narrowbodies, except the E190, is $25/hour. Three more dollars for flying 70-100 more seats than you do!

Can't buy this one....Nobody is going to start year 1 at US Air on anything other than the E190. That is why the pay is $41/hr. Those numbers are there to take up space. Should have used a "-" instead.

Pay for F/O is horrible. If you really want a yes vote then this has got to change. I understand that we are not mainline but you have to realize that for 200 days a year in crappy hotels eating airport food has to be worth more than $20k a year? Regardless of airplane size.
"SHOW ME THE MONEY"

ex j-41 said:
Ok $28 vs $44. 2nd year!

Top pay for F/O is $36 Vs $52
Takes 7 years to get there.
Takes 6 years to get to TOS with US Airways....

Can't buy this one....Nobody is going to start year 1 at US Air on anything other than the E190. That is why the pay is $41/hr. Those numbers are there to take up space. Should have used a "-" instead.

Pay for F/O is horrible. If you really want a yes vote then this has got to change. I understand that we are not mainline but you have to realize that for 200 days a year in crappy hotels eating airport food has to be worth more than $20k a year? Regardless of airplane size.
"SHOW ME THE MONEY"
I'm in total agreement. I love to fly and I didn't get into this industry for the money. But living paycheck to paycheck going from hotel to hotel 18 nights a month in some industrial park in BFE has to be worth something.

I always laugh when I hear that our payscale is comparable to others. That's if you look at the Senior captain payscales. Look at the FO pay, it's substandard for the regional level. Hmmm, I wonder who negotiated our last contract.

Latest resources

Back