PSA offered 900's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
whatfuelpolicy said:
Declining the 900's is not protecting anyone at PSA. If the 900's don't come on board, then PSA is probably finished. Aside from the pilot group, word at the other PSA facilities (OCC specifically) is that we are growing to 68 airplanes with the option for 20 more. There has been no mention of getting rid of the 200's. If Parker is truly going to get rid of Mesa, CHQ, and TSA, PSA cannot afford to lose the 200's due to all of the additional routes that we will acquire. Dont count on PSA losing the 200's.

Wait... in the first sentence you say if PSA doesn't take the 900s then they are done. Then in the next sentence (well, several sentences) you say that West Managment is trying to get rid of the contract carriers and PSA won't lose the 200s. Which is it? If we aren't going to lose the 200s how are we done?

whatfuelpolicy said:
...word at the other PSA facilities (OCC specifically) is that we are growing to 68 airplanes with the option for 20 more. There has been no mention of getting rid of the 200's. If Parker is truly going to get rid of Mesa, CHQ, and TSA, PSA cannot afford to lose the 200's due to all of the additional routes that we will acquire. Dont count on PSA losing the 200's.

I'll make you a deal: I won't count on PSA losing the 200s if you don't count on keeping them.

Honestly, is there any proof that these are growth aircraft?

JB

nethan said:
Wait... in the first sentence you say if PSA doesn't take the 900s then they are done. Then in the next sentence (well, several sentences) you say that West Managment is trying to get rid of the contract carriers and PSA won't lose the 200s. Which is it? If we aren't going to lose the 200s how are we done?

Done means, no more opportunity for growth, ever. PSA will stay the same as it is now. Maybe a couple of upgrades every now and then, same crappy schedules, CLT-AVL-CLT-FAY-CLT-GSO. Thats a fun day! Oh wait, maybe you would like to continue flying the 200 CLT-XNA when XNA requires an alternate and you have a full pax load and the closest approved alternate is 138 miles away. Maybe you're happy with the schedules.

Ever since HP management took over as "The New US Airways," the word on the street has been Mesa is on their way out. Since PSA and PDT are owned by Airways, why not keep it in the family. PSA potentially could get several western long-haul routes with the arrival of the 900's. I've said it before, long-haul routes could possibly mean another pilot base somewhere other than the east coast. The way I see it, upgrades galore and everybody moves up in seniority due to the addition of more FO's.

I was just giving you a hard time man... One of the few times I'm going to get away with it too. I bet I'll see some crazy stupid routings from you next time you have one of my flights!

As I already said, I think we need to get the airplanes, but not for nothing. Management is going to make more money on this deal (20 more paying pax). So should we.

nethan said:
I was just giving you a hard time man... One of the few times I'm going to get away with it too. I bet I'll see some crazy stupid routings from you next time you have one of my flights!

As I already said, I think we need to get the airplanes, but not for nothing. Management is going to make more money on this deal (20 more paying pax). So should we.

I figured as such, I was giving you a hard time as well. I agree about the pay for you guys, but without the new planes, there wont be any leverage for pay raises in the future.

whatfuelpolicy said:
PSA will stay the same as it is now. Maybe a couple of upgrades every now and then, same crappy schedules, CLT-AVL-CLT-FAY-CLT-GSO.

The fact that they still have stupid overlap on routes a jet should never see... and a Dash8 STILL flying them... I can't understand the mentality of forcing inefficiency to justify the fleet plan.

Retarded.

Maybe... just maybe... this new change will allow both PSA and PDT to do what they do best.

Sig said:
The fact that they still have stupid overlap on routes a jet should never see... and a Dash8 STILL flying them... I can't understand the mentality of forcing inefficiency to justify the fleet plan.

Retarded.

Maybe... just maybe... this new change will allow both PSA and PDT to do what they do best.

Holy crap! Haven't heard from you in a while! Where the hell have you been hiding man? Wah dah tah!

Latest resources

Back