• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA More furloughed.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Simply put we have been in a training mode for the last 18 months. We were severly short staffed during the spring/summer months. The company was hiring as quickly as possible to handle the growth with the jet deliveries. Jet deliveries have stopped since the bankruptcy and no new jets are on the horizon. With the training float and no new deliveries along with the remainder of the Dornier pilots coming out of training we are now or will soon be overstaffed.

Like the Dornier program, it is not financially feasable to operate 5 aircraft or less. We currently have 5 CRJ7's. Unless we increase that number the CRJ7's will go buh bye.

They looked nice while we had them!

Recall notice also.

Apparently the furlough notice stated that it is also a recall notice for the end of January '05. So the plan is for a temporary furlough for the holidays? Hmmm....

Last edited:
The furloughs have probably been in the works since the bankruptcy. PSA hired with the expectation of reciving a large number of jets. But the bankruptcy halted that at about half of the deliveries expected. These 33 were kept on till the last Dornier drivers went through training. Now the company finds itself overstaffed without the extra airplanes. The "temproary" status may be hints that company fully intends be out of bankruptcy or at least receive some form of financing on the 7 aircraft that have been completed but not delivered.

To what hire date this the furloughs go? I've got a friend there that got hired there in June.

PSA Furloughs

upndsky said:
To what hire date this the furloughs go? I've got a friend there that got hired there in June.
They have updated the roster and no longer show the original 44 who were furloughed on the first round. I'm not sure if they have already deleted the next round.

Current roster shows 383 pilots, 383 DOH 12/19/03, 350 DOH 11/5/03.

It would seem that either way, your buddy is on one of the lists.

PalmettoPilot said:
They have updated the roster and no longer show the original 44 who were furloughed on the first round. I'm not sure if they have already deleted the next round.

Current roster shows 383 pilots, 383 DOH 12/19/03, 350 DOH 11/5/03.

It would seem that either way, your buddy is on one of the lists.

I don't think he is on the lists. The most senior pilot on the furlough list is 7/12/04 DOH, unless there are more that we do not know about.

Last edited:
the memo posted in the training department said that only 30 FO's are getting furloughed? The seniority list must be out of date if you are 33 from the bottom right now and still getting furloughed. Either that or management don't know what's going on... go figure!

word around the campfire

I heard yesterday that a letter was sent to the original 44 PSA furloughees on Monday telling them to expect a call back in January '05. Anyone else heard?

Latest resources

Back