• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA just official became the bottom feeder

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right now the only regional that can hold their heads up is Horizon. The rest of the regional industry has a lot of catching up to do. Lets face a lot of guys are somewhat comfortable at their regional and will never move on some guys will be stuck there. Regionals will be some pilots careers and it isn't the regionals of the past. Regional pilots need to start insisting on better pay, better benifits and better QOL! PSA pay is not less than Mesa's, mesa still sucks and not much will change that until mesa pilots move out of their mother basement and grow up and stand for whats right. Regional pilots think they have no say in their improvements, well if you would all just stand for a common goal you will. Stop letting management intimidate you. Right now people think the industry is in the toilet and yes it has been, but the tide is turning and I hope every regional pilot strives for Horizon payrates and better, besides Horizon can't move forward unitl you guys catch up! everyone is behind and instead of pointing fingers saying it's their fault take responsibility and know your own worth. Contract negotiations are always a work in progress. Right now, all the mainline groups are fed up with RJ's and everyone I know is making a stand to try and recapture scope. You may think well if they do it will hurt us regional pilots, no it won't. Hopefully it will provide positions at your mainline brothers to grow. Regionals will always be there, I spent 8 1/2 years at the regionals and then moved onto a mainline carrier. Trust me even with the consessions at mainline the QOL and treatment is far better than I was ever treated at PSA. PSA guys right now should be ashamed of theirselves, I haven't been there in a few years and miss the good ole Dornier, but the PSA guys could have done better and their union leadership should be fired but they won't because so many PSA pilots voted for these new rates. I just hope you guys have a bigger plan since you are in contract negotiations like most of the industry is. Just my 2 cents

Wow....Mr. Mainline,maybe you should concern yourself with your crap contract. Mainline pay and bennifits are lower now than in the 80's and 90's (dollar for dollar) and the regionals are higher....everyone needs work.

The easiest way to express displeasure with PSA is to deny them a ride when they come asking. "oh a PSA pilot, sorry MX did not top off the O2 tank during the last line check - can't give you a ride today". . .

What great carrier do you work for?

Wow....Mr. Mainline,maybe you should concern yourself with your crap contract. Mainline pay and bennifits are lower now than in the 80's and 90's (dollar for dollar) and the regionals are higher....everyone needs work.

Right now the current payrates were forced upon the mainline pilots before I got here, besides I make 140,000 as an FO right now and no I don't work for US Airways so before you continue to open your pie hole maybe you should know all the facts. I have been at the regionals/PSA and know what you deal with, I was there when we voted against the 900's because of a crappy offer from management who only was offering better schedules and upgrades for the FO's. So Mr Regional I do believe even with todays crappy mainline contract we are still further along than the regional carriers and we haven't had the opportunity to say no yet to any offer since 9/11, you have but chose to drink the kool aid. Delta and Alaska are the only mainline carrier's that have voted in a new contract. Spirit is a low cost and have no regional feed. It will be a while before the contracts are back up to where they should be, but based off of inflation the pay everywhere is less than it was in the 70's, but I will take my mainline pay and QOL over that at the regionals any day. Good luck to you Dooork, if you are proud of your regional contract then god help us because we will continue a downhill spiral. Everyone needs to fight for a better contract both mainline and regional alike. However I see the mainline contracts coming back up just look at Delta/Northwest new JCBA and now UAL/CAL are negotiating a new JCBA that should be Delta JCBA or better. They will have their time to say ya or nay and if they vote in a substandard CBA then feel free to open your trap again, until then keep being KH little pets and fly your RJ. Oh and lets not forget that most regionals in the 80's and 90's didn't have regional jets they were generally smaller turbo prop operators. PSA didn't get their firs RJ until 2004 and the pay rates we got in 2004 were concessionary pay rates and was voted in by the MEC without membership approval, the first TA was voted down by the pilots and the MEC passed the 2nd TA without the pilots seeing the new TA. So maybe if the mainline guys went from all B737's in the 80's and 90's to an all A380 fleet you would see a signifacant jump in their pay rates as well just like the regionals going from small turbo props to larger jets. Try to justify why you agreed to substandard pay rates all you want but this new image the PSA pilot group has disappoints me. Besides you agreed to crap pay for a 90 seat jet, why????

Last edited:
What a loser. You do not get it...and you never will. Enjoy your life...putz,
if I made 140 a year and was happy.....I sure in the hell would not be on the FI regional board.

Right now the current payrates were forced upon the mainline pilots before I got here, besides I make 140,000 as an FO right now and no I don't work for US Airways so before you continue to open your pie hole maybe you should know all the facts. I have been at the regionals/PSA and know what you deal with, I was there when we voted against the 900's because of a crappy offer from management who only was offering better schedules and upgrades for the FO's. So Mr Regional I do believe even with todays crappy mainline contract we are still further along than the regional carriers and we haven't had the opportunity to say no yet to any offer since 9/11, you have but chose to drink the kool aid. Delta and Alaska are the only mainline carrier's that have voted in a new contract. Spirit is a low cost and have no regional feed. It will be a while before the contracts are back up to where they should be, but based off of inflation the pay everywhere is less than it was in the 70's, but I will take my mainline pay and QOL over that at the regionals any day. Good luck to you Dooork, if you are proud of your regional contract then god help us because we will continue a downhill spiral. Everyone needs to fight for a better contract both mainline and regional alike. However I see the mainline contracts coming back up just look at Delta/Northwest new JCBA and now UAL/CAL are negotiating a new JCBA that should be Delta JCBA or better. They will have their time to say ya or nay and if they vote in a substandard CBA then feel free to open your trap again, until then keep being KH little pets and fly your RJ. Oh and lets not forget that most regionals in the 80's and 90's didn't have regional jets they were generally smaller turbo prop operators. PSA didn't get their firs RJ until 2004 and the pay rates we got in 2004 were concessionary pay rates and was voted in by the MEC without membership approval, the first TA was voted down by the pilots and the MEC passed the 2nd TA without the pilots seeing the new TA. So maybe if the mainline guys went from all B737's in the 80's and 90's to an all A380 fleet you would see a signifacant jump in their pay rates as well just like the regionals going from small turbo props to larger jets. Try to justify why you agreed to substandard pay rates all you want but this new image the PSA pilot group has disappoints me. Besides you agreed to crap pay for a 90 seat jet, why????

Here's a little tip...

Try using paragraphs. They break your massive post into nice little bit sized bits that people can read and digest.

Your big diatribe that just goes on and on makes it hard for the reader to keep up and results in his just skipping past instead of investing the hour or two required to just get to the point.

Seriously, whenever you make a point just hit return twice and then move on to your next thought. Your posts will be all the better for it.

P.S. A "couple years" at your major and you're making 140K as an FO? Really? Want to restate that?

Last edited:

Two things I learned from this post...You are a liar and don't know what a paragraph is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkWH8DB7b0&feature=related

Here's a little tip...

Try using paragraphs. They break your massive post into nice little bit sized bits that people can read and digest.

Your big diatribe that just goes on and on makes it hard for the reader to keep up and results in his just skipping past instead of investing the hour or two required to just get to the point.

Seriously, whenever you make a point just hit return twice and then move on to your next thought. Your posts will be all the better for it.

P.S. A "couple years" at your major and you're making 140K as an FO? Really? Want to restate that?[/QUOTE]

No I don't want to restate that, wait maybe I do I make 139,000 and technically it has been 3 years and I am no longer with a major in the US and even if you look at the the pay for a Delta FO based off of 80hrs a month on the 767 they are making 112,000 a year and 99,000 on a 737. I appreciate all the english lessons maybe you should all consider a change in careers. Doork...."what a looser" LMAO, your the one who just help drag the PSA pilots name through the mud. You agreed to false hopes of 900's and a better life, good luck with that. You should all be striving for better! What is wrong with all of you. There is better out there but maybe it is a lack of confidence in yourselves or just pure laziness. If all of you regional guys are happy with the toilet paper you call a contract and feel it's so much better than the mainline pilots CBA, then stay where you are. Good luck with your race to the bottom!

Your right I don't know why I come to this board FI and more so the regional thread. Maybe I was just bored, maybe it was because I saw something related to former colleages I used to get along with so well. I am not going to keep argueing with all of you. If you are happy with your current contracts then good luck!

Latest resources

Back