• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Psa J4J

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
According to the original J4J agreement,the ALG guys would have the option to go to whatever wholly owned their senority would hold that includes Capt slots over at PSA. The PDT guys would have to come back to PDT but none of the PDT guys wanted to come back. Not to mention that the PDT MEC is trying to screw them over by blocking their flow back rights. But that's a whole other thread.

It is tough to do when your checks every two weeks are $700.
The pressure of car loans, school loans, mortgage, wife, girlfriends etc...
Upgrade is the only light at the end of the tunnel, take that away and
we have nothing left.[/quote]

That's my point exactly! You don't make enough money and this has got to stop!

As a 2nd year F/O on a 70 seat jet you should be making $50K per year! Say capped at $70K a year! (what-ever year the cap is)

2nd year Capt's should be making $75K per year with a cap of about $140K.

Till this happens it's not worth bickering about seniority, J4J, etc.

ALPO ain't gonna due a damn thing for you! So you can forget the union helping out!

Time to put the brakes on all the regional airlines and demand more pay! Period!

True, True! Sad when a Dash 8 FO is making the same or even more then a CRJ-900 Fo! 86 Seats compared to 37!! Sad indeed! I don't know the answer to all this, but I do believe my union dues have done Jack Shi&t to make my future any better!!!
The more people that Fly these aircraft for those rates, well the more mainline flying will be replaced by them....... hence making a job at a mainline carrier that much harder!! Look at those CRJ 900 in CLT, they are replacing Mainline 737's. More EMB 170's at United, NWA making a new WO with 70-100 also with poverty FO Pay rates. Delta now raping Comair and ASA!! This trend will continue until people step up and say thats it. We want to be compensated for what we do and fly!
What to do? What to do? This really darkens the future! I am almost at 1000hrs of PIC now! Then what? Why more qualified furloughed guys out there.... UPS? Fedex? SouthWest, Airtran!!! Thats it!! And they have Thousands of people more qualified!
So adding these Big RJ's makes my leap to the next level very hard!

This trend will continue until people step up and say thats it. We want to be compensated for what we do and fly!

We have a contract that was accepted by the pilot group. As wrong as
it is, some people thought it was acceptable and voted on it.

All we ask for is a fair wage, decent hotels and a schedule that allows me
to spend more than 1.5 days a week with my kids.
That was too much!

Dash8301 said:
According to the original J4J agreement,the ALG guys would have the option to go to whatever wholly owned their senority would hold that includes Capt slots over at PSA. The PDT guys would have to come back to PDT but none of the PDT guys wanted to come back. Not to mention that the PDT MEC is trying to screw them over by blocking their flow back rights. But that's a whole other thread.

Dash8301,

Which original J4J are you referring too, which LOA and such, as I've never seen such conditions in any J4J agreement I've read.....just curious.... As I know there have been revision over revision but this is the first I've heard of this...

Sitting Reserve

Does anyone have this LOE? Maybe if we had something in
Black and white we would be able to understand what is really
going on.
I would rather hire a personal lawyer then have ALPA's help.
Seing as they are working both sides, they can't win
but can't lose either!

ex j-41 said:
Does anyone have this LOE? Maybe if we had something in
Black and white we would be able to understand what is really
going on.
I would rather hire a personal lawyer then have ALPA's help.
Seing as they are working both sides, they can't win
but can't lose either!

Don't have the one saying ALG guys can choose which they flow back to....haven't seen such a thing.

The main ones are LOA 84/91/92/93 most of it's been cut/pasted here or elsewhere... Think they are on 61 site too..... Hence some of the arguements and theories thrown out here are far fetched...

nevermind.....

Last edited:
Word on the street is that the new J4J guys will be F/O's slotted with their
US Airways seniority. Anyone else hear of this?

All I've heard is that they offered 3 Capt and 8 FO vacancies. They better not slot FO's, that's just rediculous. There is no language anywhere that allows slotting fo's. Not to my limited knowledge anyway.

Latest resources

Back