• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Psa Is Furloughing!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious what kinda times folks are getting called to interview with.
I've submitted several resume's, however I doubt with a 1000 hours, 580multi, 460 turbine anyone will give my resume more than a 'once over'. But I'm still plugg'n along....
How can a company justify to their pilots that they can furlough, and yet interview for new hires?
One day I'll figure this whole industry out...

BAe3100FO said:
How can a company justify to their pilots that they can furlough, and yet interview for new hires?
One day I'll figure this whole industry out...

Welcome to PSA. Our management has a tendancy to overreact to things here. Back in December they threatened furloughs that never occured. Pretty lame if you ask me.

When I was furloughed it was your basic knee jerk reaction to the industry situation. It actually cost them more money to re-train me after my furlough than it would have to pay me my reserve gaurantee to sit on my arse. Stupid.

This place, and this industry really confuses the heck out of me sometimes too.

Skeezer

A PATH!! A PATH!!!

it's not just psa, they did the same thing pretty much here at alg, except last year instead of just furloughing some, they 'terminated' them....eventually that s grieved and they were put on furloughed status. but it was their initial action so it must be a hiring requirment for any wo mgm't personell

I heard you guys got some new people in the traing/ HR department. who is the current pilot recruiter?

Latest resources

Back