• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mullet

scattered,covered,chunked
Sorry guy's!!!
New hire classes cancelled. PSA will furlough on 4/14 and downgrade 22 captain's on 4/01.
ADIOS RJ'S!!!!
Watch out PDT snd AGL, it's SPRING cleaning time!!!!
Good luck to all.

Last edited:
Well that sucks, not that having a life again is terrible, just hate to see more pilots enjoying those huge unemployement checks.
Good Luck Brothers

Heard that the 328's were gonna be history. We at Piedmont have atleast 5 years I hope(With the current leases on the remaining Dashes). Did all your labor groups sign on???? Talk to a PSA Captain and he said the Gate agents were left, and if they didn't sign on, the doors would be closed in 1 year.
We will know something for sure next month, tired of this rollercoaster ride..
Concerned Piedmonster

PSA will emerge from Bankrupcy with USAir on March 31st, regardless of the status of the Teamstars union which represent the gate agents and ground handling.

The Dorniers have always been planning on leaving. It just looks bleak right now for them to replace them with anything right now.

To all concerned,

Don't expect the furloughs to last longer than 30 days. Interviews are still planned throughout this week and a few weeks to follow.

As it stands now latest intell is that only 8 FOs will be furloughed with 20 or 22 Capt. downgrades.

And to think I was pi$$ed when I wasn't hired there, especially after having worked there for a year and half. Oh well, grass is definatley greener on the other side.

Everyone calm down. This has been a bumpy ride with lots of ups and downs for the last two years. Everytime there is a little bad news, many of our guys completely over-react and start shouting, "the sky is falling!"

These furloughs and downgrades are due to U's reduction in flying due to the decline in advance bookings caused by the war. U is still emerging from bankruptcy and still has financing in place for future operations. Who knows if PSA will actually get rjs, but I wouldn't start spreading rumors about us closing the doors any time soon.

So calm down already!

If I would have been hired when I interviewed, I would have "furloughed" at least 2 times if not 3. Flying For USA Jet Airlines is great; the pay is awesome, the company is great, and the pilots are a unique group. I am just curious who might 328dude be? PM me. Fly Safe!

Nice work Buckeye. You know what they say, "Props are for boats...." Although the 328 is one heck of a boat! Nice EFIS and very fast. I am sure your Falcon is fun to fly.

In this day and age, it is great to even HAVE a flying job...

Latest resources

Back