PSA good and bad please!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if you really have to ask

A payscale doesn't tell the entire story, but it is a clue. if you want to build time and move on, this is the place for you. if you want a future, keep on looking.
Is AWAC going to purchase PSA, it was a rumor, but most consider it a pipe dream.
PSACP, I wouldn't want my dirty laundry aired in public either.
As for a dispatcher wanting to add their 2 cents, good for you. just remember that we are not required annually to sit with you to see what you do, it is required of you, because they hope you see what happens on line.

ThrottleJockey1.....Thanks for your support. I personnelly think that before any FO upgrades to Capt. He/She will have worked one week in Disp/CrwSked/MaintControl. We can have them work the phones and radios and it will became frightening clear for you our frustraitions. There is a reason why turnover is high in disp/crew sked......and you will see and hear part of reasons why.

Just got back from a four day trip at PSA. The worst weather of the year moved through our system and I have to say dispatch did an outstanding job IMHO. I had to call them several times and they were always calm and professional. ....Now if you guys could only teach the schedulers that we are all on the same team....

Is PSA currently hiring? I thought I read they had cancelled a training classes. If so are the new hires mostly getting CLT? PSA Chief Pilot can I PM you?

Oh sure, they are hiring...............

Care to fill people in PSACP? Please mention the upgrade time, pay, moral of the F/O's on staff. Please, no playing with words and with such a wide variety of flavors available, please offer everyone a choice in Kool-Aid.

ThrottleJockey1 said:
Care to fill people in PSACP? Please mention the upgrade time, pay, moral of the F/O's on staff. Please, no playing with words and with such a wide variety of flavors available, please offer everyone a choice in Kool-Aid.

I'll fill you in, as a 3 and a half year F/O here, things look bleek. With the backfill thing going on and no more airplanes coming upgrade will be a while. Pay was never that good here. Work rules are ok, but with 75-80 hour lines with there's no way to make any money.

Alpa

Rumor has it that if any more J4J guys come on property we will
be voting to get rid of ALPA.

Seniority

You know i am all for Seniority but is it really fair to have pilots come from a US Air
and knock me down just because they were at the parent company?
Did they make PSA successful?
I know there was the J4J agreement but start at the beginning like everyone
else.
If we knew that they were going to make $20-$34k for 8 years
we would have never ever ever agreed to the contract.
Hmmm 2 year upgrade.....we keep the props.
Hmmm 8 year upgrade.....we get CRJ's.

No brainer dude. Pilots don't give a rats ass what airplane they are flying
as long as they see their family and make a good wage.

If you are a new hire at PSA, J4J, or just off the street. You get a seniority
number. And it starts at the bottom. Has been that way for 50 years,
and that is how it is going to stay.
J4J Be ready for a fight.
ALPA be ready to earn your keep or your out!

ex j-41 said:
Hmmm 2 year upgrade.....we keep the props.
Hmmm 8 year upgrade.....we get CRJ's.

Pilots don't give a rats ass what airplane they are flying
as long as they see their family and make a good wage.

If they don't care what plane they fly then why the comparison? That's funny. Pretty sure they signed up for the deal in order to get jets.

PSACP......Where are you

ThrottleJockey1 said:

PSACPS has been very quite with the whole J4J thing here lately. I have not seen one comment from him regarding this.

Latest resources

Back