PSA good and bad please!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gofish said:
Hello...new Bluestreaker here...does anybody have info on KCLT crashpads...care to chime in?

Check the bulletin board in the crew room in DAY and CLT.

Sometimes it seems like no one knows what the hell they are doing. Becasue pay and work rules are so crappy for many at US Airways Express, there is constant turnover amongst all employees except the pilots andmechs. Everyone you work with from gate agents, to crew schedulers, to FAs, to ramp agents, deicers, dispatchers, and ramp controlers all are new to their job and don't know what the hell they are doing. This is a training airline. Once someone gets some experience they bolt to brighter pastures. That leaves the pilots to take care of almost every detail of the flight and keep people from wrecking schedules and expensive planes. Sometimes as a pilot you feel very isolated, surround by idiots, and they all have a giant attitude.

I totally disagree. Look at the rampies in DCA, CLT, and ESPECIALLY PHL. US Airways Express hires competent individuals with excellent interpersonal skills who are always willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.

EDUC8-or said:
I totally disagree. Look at the rampies in DCA, CLT, and ESPECIALLY PHL. US Airways Express hires competent individuals with excellent interpersonal skills who are always willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
I think you forgot </sarcasm>

Actually, PHL has improved a little bit recently. I talked to a supervisor the other day and he said they had started firing people for screwing up. Rough, but if it fixes some problems, that's ok with me. It seems that CLT has been sucking badly recently. We went out of there the other day with the bags for the wrong flight.

Went into OPS in Albany the other night and read a message on their bulletin board stating: If bags end up on the wrong flight due to negligence you will be terminated. Guess what, our plane was fueled, deiced, and ready to go when we arrived with a GPU connected as well. It wasn't even at the gate and they were busy with a couple of other arrivals. That's how it should be!

Speaking of CLT sucking, we were overfueled there yesterday by 2000 lbs so some people had to take a later flight. Nice.

Just a thought. Seeing how Republic gave a ton of money to USAirways and then absorbed Mid-Atlantic is there possiblity the same will happen to PSA since Air Whisky gave a ton of money as well? They fly the same planes and would probably compete for same routes. Seems that any wholly owned regional is in trouble with the majors looking to cut their costs. Outsourcing is the new american dream. Country will be just one giant Walmart in 10 years.

There has been rumors of AWAC buying us for months (maybe years). It's one of those things that you can't predict so you can't really worry about. Also, Republic didn't give a bunch of money to Airways and then absorb MDA. They purchased their airplanes and MDA went away, or rather, is going away.

Like your mother always tells you, soon!

lowtimeguy said:
I sent my application packet in December. Any hope of upcoming calls for interviews?

Calls should be going out soon, Waiting on a CP to go through the Applications and seeing how 2 of us avoid dayton, that only leaves one CP! He was supposed to go over yesterday but didn't get to it! May have gotten done today!!!

Hang tight!
Good Luck,
PSACPSP

isnt flightinfo for all regional airline crewmembers? i didnt know they discriminated. anyhoo if you want people to join your site you should give away free pies. but here is the catch, underneath the pie filling ( which is only whipped cream) there are pictures of naked sorority girls. i've seen this technique work somewhere before.

PSAChiefPilots said:
Calls should be going out soon, Waiting on a CP to go through the Applications and seeing how 2 of us avoid dayton, that only leaves one CP! He was supposed to go over yesterday but didn't get to it! May have gotten done today!!!

Hang tight!
Good Luck,
PSACPSP

Now why would you want to avoid such a lovely place, especially this time of year?

Latest resources

Back