Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WSurf

The Smack Down!
Wondering if there's something in your FOM that doesn't allow taking Non-Revs on Ferry Flights.

We have had a few Piedmont Pilots denied flights on Ferrys. We here at Piedmont will take all non-revs, and off line Jumpseaters on Ferry flights with Dispatchs approval which I have never had them have a problem with it.

Just curious if its a FOM thing that you can only take PSA employees or if the pilots just didn't wanna tak'em.

Thanks

FWIW
from my exp. with three airlines Allegheny, Rep and US Air (3 diff. 121 certs) it is dependent on the dispatcher (as mentioned above) and the reason the aircraft is being ferried. Of course repo ferries should not be a problem.

The only time I've seen nonrevs not allowed would be in the case of a mx ferry were the ferry cert or mel has a "flight crew only" type of limitation. But even most of the mx ferries where non revs were involved that I've seen the nonrevs flew along (as long as the mel/mx didn't have the limitation).

Ferry flights (with a ferry permit and normally an open logbook entry) are normally limited to working crew only.

Repo flights (as long as they are considered group 1 I think, meaning nothing is broken that can't be MELed) can take up to 19 nonrevs as long as they are in the USAirways nonrev system.

I guess if there was an FA in the back they could take more than 19 nonrevs.

I've been on a PSA ferry flight with a maintenance issue on the main cabin door. No problems.

That's a dumb rule if they have that.

Ferry flights (with a ferry permit and normally an open logbook entry) are normally limited to working crew only.

Repo flights (as long as they are considered group 1 I think, meaning nothing is broken that can't be MELed) can take up to 19 nonrevs as long as they are in the USAirways nonrev system.

I guess if there was an FA in the back they could take more than 19 nonrevs.

That reg is based on seating configuration not actual number of passengers. 121.391

Interesting... guess its a few of the tool captains that every airline has...

Comair

Can't on MX flights other than that we can take 19 without FA and 50-76 with a FA.
Comair Employees?
We had this issue in DCA, repo'ing a plane from DCA-LEX around midnight. Looked it up in the book, called DX and even called a CP.
Everyone said no, and the CP said "absolutely not"....but he was also one of the CP's shorter than 5 foot tall.

It depends if it's a repo or a mx ferry. On a mx ferry our book says only PSA employees. On certain types of mx repos it's required crew, the pilots (one of which has to be a check airman or instructor), only. Liability I suppose. Sorry they couldn't give you a ride, I know they would have if they could have.

Latest resources

Back