• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA Airlines is hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a upcoming interview and was wondering how commuting out of Las Vegas would be?

On Airways LAS-CLT is usually 99% full. Same with PHX-CLT.

Thats assuming you get based in CLT of course.

DAY and TYS are just gonna add another leg for you.

Thats what I figured. Oh, how life will suck! Hopefully I will recieve some more calls to interview then at least I will have some options. Besides commuting how is it working for PSA? Anything to look forward to? Upgrade stands at around 6 years? Thanks

Apply at Vision. They interview in LAS. I know a guy with your times, and not the A&P/IA, or 1900 SIC who is in their Dork class right now. Not a terribly bad place to go, IMO.

PSA also has the worst reserve contract in the industry. Until we get a new contract i would recommend only those who will live in base come to PSA. You have been warned.

Thats what I figured. Oh, how life will suck! Hopefully I will recieve some more calls to interview then at least I will have some options. Besides commuting how is it working for PSA? Anything to look forward to? Upgrade stands at around 6 years? Thanks

tbh i would avoid PSA in your case - you need a job that you can count on for 5 years or more in order to build some turbine PIC time, and USAirways isn't exactly fiscally healthy right now. PSA does not have the option of flying for other airlines, so in effect your career depends on whether or not Airways remains a viable airline. If you have to go regional, I'd go to something that is not wholly owned and not Air Wisconsin.

Ill agree with jar jar, for the first time. Wholly owned airlines are becoming extinct, though surprisingly airways seems to be investing money into psa; PDC and first class on the 700's. Take that to mean what you want.

The commute or having to move is the same reason I just passed on an interview offer. Need to find something local or semi-local with a short commute.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back