• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA Airlines is hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No matter what I'll go to the interview and see how it works out. Really the only regional that the commute is not going to be that bad is Skywest. Hopefully they will call. Metro, I have a resume with them but have not heard anything. Does vision do the sightseeing flights or do they just shuttle the pax to their excursions?

Upgrades at PSA were less than two years but those folks got down graded. Now they are re-upgrading at about four to five years in property.

No matter what I'll go to the interview and see how it works out. Really the only regional that the commute is not going to be that bad is Skywest. Hopefully they will call. Metro, I have a resume with them but have not heard anything. Does vision do the sightseeing flights or do they just shuttle the pax to their excursions?

I know your thinking "I need a job and the regionals are the next logical step for me" but I encourage you to take it one step further.

Where will you be in 10 years? Turbine SIC time isn't worth much if you want to get into the majors/cargo segments, and I'm just telling you the risk of you building nothin but 5000 tSIC is fairly real at PSA if you were hired today.

I don't think Airways will dissapear within the next 3 years, unless oil hits $300/bbl but I do think the next 3-8 years present significant challenges for them in comparison to their competition, and that means significant challenges for PSA too. Where does that leave you? 3-8 years older and without any tPIC time.. Then what? Another regional?

This industry is wild, anything can happen - but you cannot base your decisions on what *might* happen (like a USAirways financial miracle) instead you must base your decisions on what is actually taking place at this very moment.

Go somewhere else. You will be absolutely miserable at this place guaranteed. Scheduling will be sweet and nice to your face here then stab you in the back over the phone. Its not worth the stress as a junior pilot at this place. You might even wonder why you didn't just take that job at Eagle or Pinnacle.... yeah I said it.

Last edited:
zero quality of life

I realize most of you considering a regional have no concept of quality of life because you have been "paying your dues". If you're considering PSA understand this...expect to spend 6-8 years here or longer. That is if PSA continues to exist that long. The hope of a 2-3 year upgrade is a pipe dream and when you do finally upgrade you will be on reserve for years as a captain. Many of the top 150 pilots are "lifers". PSA has the worst reserve contract in the industry. There is a significant number of senior FOs that are bypassing upgrades because of the lack of quality of life and basic human dignity they would have to endure for years on reserve. If you are still suffering from "shiny jet syndrome" or just plain desparate and decide to come here you might as well plan on moving to your domicile. You will still be poor, but at least you will have 10 days off a month.

I realize most of you considering a regional have no concept of quality of life because you have been "paying your dues". If you're considering PSA understand this...expect to spend 6-8 years here or longer. That is if PSA continues to exist that long. The hope of a 2-3 year upgrade is a pipe dream and when you do finally upgrade you will be on reserve for years as a captain. Many of the top 150 pilots are "lifers". PSA has the worst reserve contract in the industry. There is a significant number of senior FOs that are bypassing upgrades because of the lack of quality of life and basic human dignity they would have to endure for years on reserve. If you are still suffering from "shiny jet syndrome" or just plain desparate and decide to come here you might as well plan on moving to your domicile. You will still be poor, but at least you will have 10 days off a month.

Very true statement. Unfortunately your warning will likely fall on deaf ears. Most people think that pilots just like to complain and don't realize that psa is actually very difficult to work for. Especially rsv. It starts with management, and our president veiws pilots and fa's as sub human. Like I said before, I've regretted not going to the asa interview for nearly 4 years now.

Very true statement. Unfortunately your warning will likely fall on deaf ears. Most people think that pilots just like to complain and don't realize that psa is actually very difficult to work for. Especially rsv. It starts with management, and our president veiws pilots and fa's as sub human. Like I said before, I've regretted not going to the asa interview for nearly 4 years now.

NCaviator warned them. I have no sympathy for anyone that gets into this business in this day and age. Especially those that come to PSA. If you still choose to come here (you've been warned) don't b!tch or you deserve to get b!tch slapped. Nothing more annoying than listening to someone fresh out of a 172 preach about unions and unity

NCaviator warned them. I have no sympathy for anyone that gets into this business in this day and age. Especially those that come to PSA. If you still choose to come here (you've been warned) don't b!tch or you deserve to get b!tch slapped. Nothing more annoying than listening to someone fresh out of a 172 preach about unions and unity

DAMN!!! To answer another posters question, I don't know how many they need, I guess a lot of high timers weren't biting on those mins, and obviously, from what the other posters are saying, I can't blame them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back