• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA Airlines is hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its a Regional Job!!! They are what they are! Some might be better today, and then 2 years they suck. Its a crap shoot!! Roll the Dice Baby!!!

Pdt is not a crap shoot. It's not good now and it won't be good in 5 yrs. The same goes for psa.

I think everyone has the worst reserve rules in the industry. At least thats what everyone says.

72 hrs pay/month.
10 days off/month
14 days off/month if you take a vacation week. (2 weeks per year)
No Min day pay.
No pay for Ready Reserve (Hot Reserve)
Ready Reserve 10 hrs either 5am-3pm or 2pm-Midnight
Max 3x Ready Reserve in a row.
No Montly Max (Although 16 would be the limit due to above)
No Holiday Pay and you don't get the day back off if you work it.
Day 1 starts at 5am and Day 5 could end at 2am (Day 6).
You get Junior Mann Pay if you fly over 2am on your day off. (6hrs pay above guarantee)
Very difficult to break guarantee, usually you are sentenced to Hot Reserve when you get to 65hrs plus.
Regular Reserve you can sit at home.
1.5hr callout.
No credit for sitting regular reserve.

Long and short is that on reserve you only get credit towards guarantee when you fly.

Pdt is not a crap shoot. It's not good now and it won't be good in 5 yrs. The same goes for psa.

Name some good places??? Yes, Piedmont has been going downhill the last 8 years. Piedmont used to the airline everyone wanted to go too, just like Comair 6 years ago. Both still have good workrules and pay is okay for equipment. Look at Republics Rates and workrules.
It is a crap shoot...... You don't know. A regional can become whatever its Mainline Partner wants it too become.

My advice...... Find a Regional that makes a easy Commute home. Find one that has a upgrade around 3 years. Don't get married or have kids while flying for a regional airline. Upgrade, get your time. Roll the Dice again on a major. Then after your 1st divorce wonder why the FU&* did you decide to be a airline pilot!!!

Even CommutAir is a crap shoot! I have a few friends that flew there and are now at AirTran, Delta, United and US Airways. I see you worked there. Didn't that work out for you? What major are you at?

Find one that has a upgrade around 3 years. Don't get married or have kids while flying for a regional airline. Upgrade, get your time. Roll the Dice again on a major. Then after your 1st divorce wonder why the FU&* did you decide to be a airline pilot!!!

That's the mindset that created Mesa, Republic, Colgan, and all the other "quick upgrade" regionals.

Today's "quick upgrade" regional is stagnant, awful, and abusive...and that 3 year upgrade airline becomes a 3 year "middle of the F/O" list airline 3 years later.

How long after you sent the initial email did it take to get the application?

So I heard that HR was really busy and interviewed a whole 5 people last week.
Anyone get offered a job?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back