Proud to be Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flap operator

This is not intended on flaming whatsoever. This is intended though to poke a little fun. Today while I was at the grocery store I saw a Comair captain shopping. It's not uncommon to see people at the store in their spiffy uniforms, regardless of career. People shop on the way home etc... But this dude took the cake. I actually laughed outloud. I know you're all proud Comair pilots that "held up the bar" "took one for the team" "are gods gift to flying" blah blah blah... and I know your FOM probably says to be in full uniform while in public...

BUT TAKE YOUR DAM.N HAT OFF WHEN YOU GO TO THE GROCERY STORE!!!!

FO

That's hillarious! Reminds me of that guys avatar that had those two dudes in the cockpit wearing their hats. Not a Comair thing, it's a dork thing... happens at every airline.

Oops, I'm home now, I can take the hat off I guess.

OH MY GOD!!! Look Sheila that guy's an Airline Pilot.....Lets go see if he's single!!!

Perfect example of a TOOLBOX!

I thought it was pretty hilarious... maybe he just forgot, but that means he was wearing it in his car! I actually went out of my way to figure out if it was a captain or an FO. 'Cause if he were an Fo it would be a LITTLE, just a TINY BIT understandable. You know, he's got a jet boner and is all proud and excited and all.

And flying the BACasaurus is bad a$$. It's a dream, but it's getting a little boring. The roar of the flaps and 110kt target speed (when we're super light) has lost its luster. But I hear we're getting Cat II and III soon, so it'll be fun to watch the chubby land herself. It's just like flying any other plane... just slower. But we're paid by the hour and are block or better, so who cares about speed.

FO

Even better: Was walking in the crew room one day and saw a pilot with the hat on, but in khakis and a polo! No kidding you. I clicked a picture of it with my camera phone just as proof. I nearly died right there trying to hold in the laughter. Seriously... almost had to use sick time. :D I mean, if you are going to do that, do it outside work, where MAYBE you might not get caught by your pilot buddies...

Comair requires us to wear full uniform PERIOD. If we are at the store or at work. If we are not wearing our hat at the store we can be fired, it is in our Operation Manual. Go crap yourself.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back