Proud to be Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stinkbug said:
Um...I'm sure the intent is to keep pilots from showing up in public places with epaulets and no tie...or a hat and no epaulets...and so on and so forth. No one here who thinks rationally would take your Ops manual that literally. Get fired for not shopping in uniform? Puhleez.

Stinkbug,

This has gone way over your head and the heads of others. You people have no sense of humor. Lighten up and recognize that NA813CA was being sarcastic

N813CA said:
Comair requires us to wear full uniform PERIOD. If we are at the store or at work. If we are not wearing our hat at the store we can be fired, it is in our Operation Manual. Go crap yourself.

All hail, the King of the Dorks!!!!!!

N813CA said:
Comair requires us to wear full uniform PERIOD. If we are at the store or at work. If we are not wearing our hat at the store we can be fired, it is in our Operation Manual. Go crap yourself.

Are you freaking kidding me?!!?! Oh my god......that's ridiculous! I cannot stop laughing!
Thanks for making my morning! I gotta come up to Cincinnati and see this for myself!

flap operator said:
This is not intended on flaming whatsoever. This is intended though to poke a little fun. Today while I was at the grocery store I saw a Comair captain shopping. It's not uncommon to see people at the store in their spiffy uniforms, regardless of career. People shop on the way home etc... But this dude took the cake. I actually laughed outloud. I know you're all proud Comair pilots that "held up the bar" "took one for the team" "are gods gift to flying" blah blah blah... and I know your FOM probably says to be in full uniform while in public...

FO

Every Airline has a DORK(s) like this.

How do you tell that a Flight Attendant or 1st year FO is non-reving? He/She is the one in street clothes wearing an ID loud and proud for everyone to see.
Cover that ID up if you are not in a SIDA area.

Captain Overs said:
These are the same dorks that wear hats during the summer without their jackets, when they are not required of course.

Maybe at your airline, but almost everywhere else where hats are required, you gotta wear the hat with the jacket or without.

When I was at Commutair there was a guy caught at the mall in uniform. When approched he claimed to have just finished a trip. Just for the hell of it the other guy checked the schedule when he got home (we always had everybody's sched in the base) and guess what? Supposedly chicks dig a man in uniform, especially the mall rats.

You are not allowed to be in public in partial uniform at Comair. Hat is part of the required uniform.

You may, however take your wings, nametags and epilets off, and not wear the hat.

I got stuck in a parking lot at a mall / mass transit station (coming home from a day trip) that only accepted cash. So I ran into the mall with my epps and tie on to hit an ATM. I walked by several security guards and you'd swear they thought the Mall General had come to do inspections. I've never been so embarrassed in my life. I felt geeky enough in the shirt with epps and tie, but a hat, oh my god, it's the gayest thing I've ever heard. For the love of humanity, out these people so we can shame them into submission.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back