Pros & Cons of Hawker 1000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

I met a guy on the East Coast who is looking at an opportunity to fly the Hawker 1000. I've seen a few flying around but not many - I remember that Netjets used to fly a bunch at one point. I am sure people on this board have opinions of the airplane.

Anyone care to offer pros/cons of flying this airplane? Any personal perspectives from those who have flown it? What did you like and dislike about it? They are not looking to replace the aircraft - evidently the owners are happy with it and not considering other aircraft types. Just interested in personal opinions and perspectives from those who have flown them or those who are familiar with them.

Thanks

We evaluated the 1000 to replace our 800A and eventually went with an 850. Buy in on the 1000 was attractive with HBC refurbishing the NJA airplanes to practically new and reselling them for several million less than a comparable midsize. DOCs were only slightly higher than the 800 but about 12% above the 850. The platform is proven but we decided that the extra range, capacity and rear baggage was not enough to justify a buy. Short field performance was also a consideration for us and was not as good as the 850, which is also WAAS capable and has come into play at several of our destinations.

I used to fly the 800A and had an opportunity to fly the 1000 a few years back but turned down the job. There are only 52 left in the world and from what I have heard, it had quite a few reliability issues.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back