• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Proposed UPS class dates and numbers...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard that a female that was in the pool from 2001 was asked to re-interview, she had added a college degree and jet type rating since her original interview. This time around she was rejected. Seems that being in the original pool is no guarantee of a job at UPS.

otis said:
I interviewed recently and told that I would be put into the pool. Is this a good or bad thing?

otis
That's a good thing. You've made it through the interview, so they like you. Now, just wait for a class date. Congratulations, hope to see you on the seniority list real soon!!

Hey Otis,

Congrats on becoming a poolie. I just got my call for an interview last week. How long after your interview did they notify you?

C425Driver

I heard a captain at my airline was just put into the pool. Don't know all the details. However for all you turboprop guys, we are a strict BE-1900 operator.

I too was in the pool for 3 years, re-interviewed with almost 1500 more heavy jet hours, and was sent packing! I have lost my trust in UPS and am gladly looking elsewhere now.

Hey Clyde, I sent you a message on another thread, but would you consider taking my resume in with a recommendation? I really want to get on with UPS. Thanks

tim1wolf said:
I too was in the pool for 3 years, re-interviewed with almost 1500 more heavy jet hours, and was sent packing! I have lost my trust in UPS and am gladly looking elsewhere now.

Was it a different interview team doing your interview?

tim1wolf said:
I'm not sure that your 1500 more heavy jet hours did anything for them. I heard that they just hired a guy with Beech 1900 time as his biggest plane flown.

The team was the same except there was an HR person (in training, I think) added to the face-to-face, and a DC-8 Captain there instead of the guy from the sim.

Latest resources

Back