• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Proposed UPS class dates and numbers...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I interviewed on Nov. 8th and still waiting. I do know that they are giving contingent offers to some on the spot. I think if all looks well from your employment and PRIA history that they can feel good in doing this though the final decision must be by the final board to make it offiicial. I have been told if they don't give an offer on the spot not to worry and don't read into this. Maybe they have to further investigate and clear/confirm some things.

I have a friend from the 2000/2001 pool who had to re-interview and he made it with them giving him a contingent offer. He is waiting for one thing to clear regarding that he worked for UPS some years ago. They are telling him that everyone who has worked for them in the past needs to have this thing to be cleard. He would have been in the class starting today if it weren't for that. There is still time for him to get in the Dec. 16th class.

?

So what part of the information was incorrect, the 1000 hrs Jet PC or the phone call taking place? Also, I wanted to ask what equipment was handed down to the newhires? Best of luck in training!

H25BCPTN said:
Sorry, it seems that the information that I was given was incorrect. I was wrong to post the information without a more reliable source and sorry to anyone that was affected by the incorrect information. I will try to post more responsibly in the future.

Fly Safe

Just wondering if anyone who has interviewed but was not offered a job on the spot, and was told that they were going to be placed in the pool has heard anything further?

Thanks,
Otis

FYI....for those of you worried about the PIC time, the UPS application says to use the FAR 61 definition for PIC time. So if you are type rated, and still an FO, you can count 1/2 of your time in the a/c as PIC (i.e. sole manipulator of controls)

From today's IPA hotline:

{RUMOR CONTROL}
We have a rumor question to address today. XXXXX XXXXX heard
a rumor that UPS recently changed the requirement of prospective
new hires from 1,000 turbine PIC to 1,000 turbojet PIC. He heard
that this change prompted UPS to call up to 6 or 7 pilots who
were given contingent job offers after interviewing recently
and rescind them. Is this true and does UPS require 1,000 hrs
PIC Turbojet, instead of just turbine?

David, System Chief Pilot J Barnes says no specific changes have
been applied to the minimum qualifications. He adds that "most
candidates far exceed the basic minimums," and he points to his