• Friendliest aviation community on the web

BIGBROWNDC8

Got this off our Union notification e-mail:

{NEW HIRE CLASSES}
IPA Membership Committee Chairman Curt Rausch says UPS has finalized
a series of new hire classes. The first date is November 18 with
15 pilots. Another class is scheduled for December 13 with 17
pilots and an additional 17 new hires will attend a class January
14. We'll have more information as it becomes available.

Ill post more when I find out...

BBDC8

I'm pretty sure there's 1 DC-8 class gonna be in december. Don't know numbers...

anyone know the secret for getting an interview? LOR? Personal meeting w/the chief pilot? Airinc seminar? I've had my resume in the database for about 4 months now. Should have the magic 1000pic by new years eve.

altscap said:
anyone know the secret for getting an interview? LOR? Personal meeting w/the chief pilot? Airinc seminar? I've had my resume in the database for about 4 months now. Should have the magic 1000pic by new years eve.
Not exactly sure what the secret knock is these days, but if I could offer some advice, here's what I would give:

- Keep updating your online app. Even if your flight time changed by just a few minutes, keep updating at least once a month.

- LOR's from line pilots are hit and miss. Overall, they can't hurt, but at the same time there is no guarantee one will work either.

- I never attended any AirInc seminars, but again, it couldn't hurt. At the very least it will give you a chance to meet with some HR reps. My advice here, is ask them what you could do to make yourself marketable as a potential UPS cadidate.

Best of luck to you, and hope to see you on the property someday.

Thanks Clyde. Guess I'll keep doing what I've been doing and hopefully my turn will come soon:)

Just a note about Air Inc. I dont work there nor do I get any money for saying good things about them. I went to 7 different Air Inc Conf. At the time, It helped me get valuable face time. I had 5 different interviews while I was at the rejional, AA, DAL, NWA, TWA, UPS. I was turned down at 2 and hired or in the pool at 3 others when UPS game me the call. I met and talked with Phil Donahoe (Head of HR at the time, works in a different dept now) at all 7 Air Inc conf's and he was very nice and gave me his time when I was there. Everytime I spoke with him and mentioned that I had 3 LOR's from 3 Sr UPS Line pilots, He told me to keep building my time. The only time he ever gave me his number and asked me to do a follow up with him was when I had mentioned to him that I had a LOR from an Assistant Chief Pilot (Management Guy).

Thats my story, other have had different things happen to them...

BBDC8

I interviewed recently and told that I would be put into the pool. Is this a good or bad thing?

otis

Latest resources

Back